Business Architecture & Change Management - Capability Development & Management - Associate
Job Summary & Responsibilities
Are you looking to use your product management and communications skills to drive high priority and strategic initiatives to help shape Operations’ broader product and capabilities vision while expanding on your leadership skills and visibility across the entire Goldman Sachs organization?
Our Business Architecture and Change Management team is seeking a professional who is looking to collaborate with a broad set of stakeholders to deliver products that play an important role in Operations’ day-to-day business. You will play an instrumental role in defining the product strategy and in delivering the product by working with the technology teams and vendor teams.
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to deliver banking, sales and trading and asset management capabilities to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and control to preserve the firm’s assets and its reputation. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that develops the processes and controls that makes business flow.
Applied Platform Solutions and Services (APSS) Capability Development & Management team leads high priority, cross-Operations initiatives, addressing key strategic issues and functional architecture. In close partnership with Operations and Technology managers, Capability Development & Management helps to shape and implement operations’ global technology strategy to meet business goals. Capability Development & Management aids in ensuring technology investments deliver efficiencies and control, and balances tactical and strategic spend.
The immediate area for this role is supporting the development of cross-Operations applications; the successful candidate will have some experience of application/product development lifecycle, from defining the application scope and operating principles to being involved on a team developing detailed design for workflow, through to testing and go-live. The successful candidate will ideally have some UX experience (whether visual design, information flows etc.) and be able to inform design discussions on how to make the end user experience as rich and positive as possible. The successful candidate will also have some change management experience, and be familiar with the process of creating training needs analyses, training materials and end user communications. The successful candidate will have experience of working on complex projects and competing priorities across multiple work streams with a view to managing and executing key deliverables across various project phases, and will have experience of creating and maintaining project plans.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Graduate or of graduate caliber
• Minimum of 4 years experience in investment banking operations and business analysis/project execution
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
• Detailed experience of BPM software, preferably Signavio
•Six Sigma orLEANqualifications would be preferable
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees and navigating organizations
• Ability to rapidly assimilate complex concepts and form practical solutions
• Be highly collaborative, team orientated and a strong consensus builder
• Self-motivated and well organized. Proven track record; ability to handle multiple tasks, priorities accordingly and make decisions as required
• Strong background in product management and strategy and good numerical analytical ability
• Background in technology including understanding of technology architecture would be an added advantage
• Able to build and manage relationships between various user groups, technologists, and management
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.