Founded on the principles of trust, experience, and innovation, Trexin Consulting specializes in strategy execution – the effective implementation of business strategy to achieve a specific business goal. Also referred to as applied strategy, strategy execution situations that Trexin frequently leads include: scaling capabilities for growth, optimizing operations for cost reduction, driving synergies for M&A and recovering projects in distress. Trexin's services are right-sized for our Clients' needs, ranging from our "Diamond Team" service when our Clients want Trexin to own an outcome and share delivery risk, to Expert / Advisory services for senior-level guidance, to Strategic Staffing services for execution-oriented tasks and roles. Our expertise spans Healthcare, Life Sciences, Financial Services, and Products & Distribution, overlaid by multidisciplinary skills in the five capabilities essential to executing strategy: Aligned Enterprise, Program Execution, Technology, Innovation and Analytics.
Trexin Consulting is currently seeking a Business Architect to join our team in Chicago and consult at our Healthcare clients.
This position is responsible for developing a view of business capabilities (organization, process, tools, and technologies) required to deliver against the business requirements; creating future state enterprise business capability models and value chain models.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Integral member of a team responsible for building the enterprise blueprint and business architecture to align with marketing strategy and IT execution.
- Develop and maintain a holistic portfolio view of business architecture by facilitating large scale workshops to develop various models – Term Model, Business Capability Model, Business Process Models, Value Stream Models, Future State Models and Business Scenarios, etc.
- Provide support to senior Business and IT stakeholders for visioning, strategy and planning of large enterprise initiatives.
- Drive engagement with key business and IT stakeholders throughout the course of the business architecture process.
- Drive alignment with business stakeholders on future state business architecture solutions and outcomes and ensure business units are engaged in business architecture development and support the approach and use of business architecture models.
- Ensure business artifacts are developed on budget, on time and complete for the agreed upon scope of the project.
- Able to independently facilitate discussions with groups of diverse stakeholders and manage the flow of conversation while driving to meet discussion objectives.
- Able to independently manage conflict among diverse cross portfolio stakeholders related to competing interests and requirements. Able to help stakeholders objectively examine real needs versus wants and ways to collaborate to achieve win/win resolutions.
- Able to lead and mentor other Business Architects and Business Analysts in their day to day work and professional development.
Key Desired Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years Information Technology experience OR Technical Certification and/or College Courses and 7-year Information Technology experience OR 9 years Information Technology experience.
- Knowledge of product-specific application architecture.
- Application domain knowledge.
- Business acumen.
- Business process management & modeling.
- Excellent oral & written communications including presentation experience.
- Requirements definition & management.
- Ability to execute a business architecture effort.
- Ability to influence and drive alignment and decision making with senior business and IT stakeholders.
- Knowledge of business architecture frameworks and constructs including modeling languages such as BPMN.
- Ability to deconstruct and frame business needs and solutions in the context of complex operational and organizational landscapes.
- Foundational understanding of the health payer value chain and core business capabilities.
- Foundational understanding of the strategic business change lifecycle and the software development lifecycle.
- Deeply analytical approach to problem solving supported by the use of tools and frameworks.
- Ability to effectively engage senior stakeholders in cross domain negotiations around business solution options and resolution of conflicts related to business intent, scope, cost/benefit, etc.
- Master's in Business Administration or Computer Science, preferred.