The Business Architect is a senior contributor with expertise in a broad range of business and technology processes. Will interface with all levels of the business to understand current business processes and challenge them by identifying and leading project initiatives to the business on process re-engineering.
The Business Architect is an expert and focal point of specific enterprise knowledge in regards to business process, tools, and technology and industry trends applicable to Finance Technology.
The Business Architect collaborates with Experience Teams, Project Teams, LOB contacts and T & O to provide subject matter expertise and requirements support in the successful delivery of new initiatives and projects.
The Business Architect ensures that any new capabilities being built align to the related platform planning & design strategies, and that the benefits of new and emerging technologies and best practices are communicated back to LOB contacts.
Will work with our Technology partners and Business clients, to gather use cases, map business processes, re-engineer processes, and facilitate business and IT collaborations for the continuous improvement of business processes.
Will possess a full and broad knowledge of business processes, interdependencies between upstream and downstream consumers, and regulatory drivers within the domain.
Will work closely to influence change transformation initiatives at all levels of the organization and possess strong project management capabilities to ensure effective and successful delivery of process efficiency solutions.
- Provide business solutions management expertise to support development of the project deliverables
- Consult with Divisional stakeholders and with the business unit staff to define project scope, establish work plan and other documentation as required
- Identify key objectives, risks and drivers to create appropriate plans
- Develop an IT Strategic Plan to establish Division Services' technology direction
- Support and improve the efficiency and traceability of current workflow and processes and that strongly aligns with the Division's strategic plan; The plan will identify objectives, priorities, technology directions and resource requirements
- Develop an IT implementation roadmap that is tightly aligned with the Division's strategy and priorities and is scheduled accordingly
- Ensure Division's IT strategic directions align with the Enterprise Architecture and directions, corporate Electronic Service Delivery Architecture Framework, corporate Service Strategy, Open Data, Information Management directions, corporate Strategy, IT policies and standards
- Conduct risk and costing analysis of the proposed strategies
- Develop capital projects business cases if necessary
- Communicate, collaborate and co-ordinate with management, business groups and the project team to support the implementation of new or improved business and system processes
- Identify opportunities and tools to improve internal operational efficiency and effectiveness, executive information management and reporting, planning and decision making process, and Divisional internal communication and collaboration
- Obtain stakeholder and project Steering Committee's sign-off on key deliverables
- Perform other duties as required
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- 10+ years of progressive project and program management experience some of which should have been gained in a Client consultative environment
- Possesses a university/degree/college diploma in related discipline(s) or equivalent work experience, and/or 8+ years in IT and/or financial industry experience
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Platforms, business process, products, services and organizational structure
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of related technology industry, products, and processes
- Exhibits solid knowledge of Enterprise technology standards and guideline
- Possesses advanced presentation, facilitation and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to manage resources in a matrix environment
- Demonstrates advanced relationship management skills
- Illustrates advanced developed analytical & research skills
- Maintains solid coaching skills
- Exhibits advanced strategic visioning and planning skills
- Exhibits solid financial analysis skills
Requisition ID: 21211