The Commercial Business Architect is responsible for designing and implementing the Operational structure of the business as a whole, through successful use of the Salesforce platform and related products.
The goal is to improve Business Operations, by working with key internal stakeholders, understanding their business objectives and challenges, in order to suggest and implement improvements.
You will research industry best practices, with the aim of bringing these to FF, maintaining a big picture view of how our products address internal stakeholder challenges, as well as pushing the limits of how we can become best practice operationally.
Additionally the scope of the role will own the requirements gathering process for a specific set of projects and enhancements in our internal Salesforce org (named Customer 1 or C1), with specific focus on our internal implementation of core Salesforce products (CPQ, CRM, Service Cloud, etc). Working with business stakeholders, the Business Architect will document the requirements, to a detail level that a Salesforce administrator can directly implement the requirements, with limited iterations. In addition the Business Architect will advise on operational and technical implications of proposed changes from a holistic and cross functional perspective, challenging business owners to improve and think outside the box. The Business Architect will work with the assigned project manager for each project or enhancement to define test plans and drive change management, while sometimes directly taking the role of project manager for select projects when needed. The Commercial Business Architect will report to the Senior Manager of Salesforce Operations.
● Design and implement the operational structure of FF, through the use of Salesforce and related products, by tight collaboration with functional stakeholders
● Facilitate a strategic overview of business goals and requirements from stakeholders
● Research and maintain a view of industry innovation and best practices, in order to bring these to FinancialForce and push the thinking on our operational execution
● Identify gaps in process and make recommendations for high-impact business and technology enhancements and optimizations, based on identified industry best practices
● Own the requirements gathering process for a specific set of Commercial projects and enhancements across FinancialForce, to implement and optimize our commercial processes
● Work closely with Sales, Marketing, Sales Finance, Support and Customer Success business stakeholders to get an in-depth understanding of their core business processes
● Translate requirements into clear and concise documentation needed to implement requirements by a Salesforce administrator without deep understanding of the related business area
● Help define the requirements gathering approach for Customer 1, including key artifacts and best practices, e.g., process models, data models, capability diagrams, value chain diagrams, and other artifacts as needed
● In collaboration with the business, define change management and test requirements
● Ensure that tests are executed by business stakeholders, and identified issues are documented and addressed by the allocated Salesforce administrator, bringing potential issues to our product and support teams
● Drive projects to completion, either supporting project management directly or take project management lead on smaller projects
● Be the single point of contact and go to person to resolve or coordinate resolution of critical issues that our regular internal Salesforce admin team cannot resolve, as well as be able to provide backup support at critical times (e.g., during month end close)
● Regularly meet with Salesforce account team, to gain an understanding of roadmap and how to apply this to supported business areas
● Be the internal expert on the supported suite of applications and our implementation of these, understanding the link to the FF products (e.g., CPQ integration to Billing Central and Revenue Recognition)
● Ability to travel to meet with business stakeholders as needed. Most stakeholders are based in US West coast time zone.
● 5+ years' experience working as a Business Analyst, Solution Architect or similar role, for ERP projects
● Understanding of complex business processes, specifically in Sales and Customer Success
● Strong conceptual understanding and ability to clearly and concisely document complex workflows in a simple, elegant manner
● Strong personality, able to work with, challenge and convince key stakeholders, driving to outcomes, with a determined focus to get things done
● Understanding of Salesforce applications, such Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ
● Detailed understanding of Salesforce products and full ecosystem
● Salesforce administrator certification as well as Salesforce Architect certifications