CDW Advanced Consulting Services “CAS” provides thought leadership in IT transformation perfectly aligning IT strategy with business process to better leverage resources and infrastructure in achieving quantifiably tangible results to core business initiatives
The Business Architect analyzes the activities of multiple business units, industries or lines of business. The Architect makes recommendations pertaining to the projects the business unit should perform, in addition to relevant and timely corrections to the governance structure, business processes, and the structure of business information. This person illustrates the alignment (or misalignment) between strategic goals and key business decisions regarding products and services; partners and suppliers; organization; capabilities; and key business and IT initiatives. The primary focus of this person’s work includes the analysis of business motivations and business operations, through the use of business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together. The Business Architect works to develop an integrated view of the business, in the context of the enterprise, using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop a business architecture strategy for the organizational unit based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit in the context of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic business goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the assigned business unit in the context of the enterprise and distinguish between client-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Enumerate, analyze, catalog, and suggest improvements to the strategic, core and supportprocesses of the business unit, as needed, to support strategic and operational goals.
- Define the data elements shared between this business unit and other units in the enterprise and the relationships between those data elements and processes, people, systems, and other data elements.
- Enumerate, analyze, and suggest improvements to the structural relationships of the business. This requires the creation and maintenance of an ongoing model of roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the interplay in various business processes, materials, people, and systems.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, business analytics, task and workflow analysis
- Provide strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to collect and interpret client business needs and translate them into application, network and operational requirements
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Expand ongoing projects or opportunities
- Assist in the development of new service offerings and help drive new service opportunities
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology and support teams
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives and projects simultaneously
- Ability to assess feasibility of proposed business initiatives
- Participation in project definition, scope, objectives, risks and approach
- Lead for solution review and planning
- Define metrics to qualify project success and client satisfaction
- Use and develop tools useful to the assessing and providing client recommendations
- Work closely with CDW engineers to identify and understand the variables and requirements for projects
- Identify project risks and inefficiencies and provide recommendations for resolution and mitigation; perform contingency planning
- Incorporate process improvement and change management strategies in planning
- Expected billable utilization – 65%
- Bachelordegree in business or computer related field or equivalent experience.
- 12 years’ experience in business analysis, architecting and developing recommendations to various business units. Additionally, providing relevant corrections to business processes, and the structure of business information.
- 10 years’ experience establishing strategic direction.
- This position may require the ability to travel average of 50%.
Other Required Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of IT infrastructure, applications, operating systems, high availability and IT communications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, lead, build teams, work independently, and recommend business strategies
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work weekends and/or off hours as necessary to meet clients' needs
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communications skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Exceptional meeting facilitation skills
- Excellent creative writing and documentation skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong business skills
- Exceptional leadership and team skills
- PMI or PMP Certification or knowledgeable preferred
- Applications and infrastructure management experience; consulting experiencepreferred
- ITIL certification desired