As part of Bell Business Markets Transformation Team, the Business Architect will play a key role in the digital transformation program by working on initiatives like the API ecosystem program, Business Unit merges, and special assignments. This person participates to strategic goals and objectives alignment with initiatives and projects by positioning and assessing those within the organisation’s integrated view: customer experience, products and services, partners / suppliers, organization, end-to-end value streams, capabilities, key business and IT initiatives and IT architecture. The Business Architect works to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a reproducible approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques. The incumbent will collaborate closely with User experience teams, Project Teams, Sales and Marketing teams, and IT teams.
Role & Responsibilities
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing and documenting the key views of the enterprise.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals and map them to defined, measurable objectives that provide ongoing guidance.
- Describe the key business functions and processes of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions. Describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Participate in the identification and definition of the information shared across the enterprise, the relationships between that information and the providers and users of the information.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities, business units, and systems, the decomposition of those business units into subunits. Identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems and understand how these entities fit within the business model.
- Partner with the IT architecture team to align the IT strategy and architecture with the business strategy and architecture.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert on the digital transformation platform key components, features (current and upcoming) and roadmap.
- Maintain the transformation roadmap and keep abreast of internal business capacities, system and products.
- Bachelor’s degree Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 5 years' experience developing/maintaining Business Architecture and/or experience with related disciplines (e.g. strategy, customer experience design, business analysis, IT architecture, business process, planning, etc.)
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business;
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance;
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies;
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues;
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture;
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations;
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery;
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus;
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities;
- PowerPoint and Excel skills;
- TM Forum (eTom), BIZBOK, AGILE, LEAN and/or TOGAF is an asset;
- Telecom industry experience is an asset.