Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
8 - 10 years
Posted 91 days ago
An employer in the Hotel & Hospitality industry is actively seeking a qualified IT professional for a direct-hire (FTE) Business Application Manager opportunity located in the North Phoenix area of Arizona. The Business Application Manager will be responsible for promoting a high performing business environment by managing application development and support for multiple products and teams. This person will solve business problems and direct various teams in design, development and implementation of technology projects using Agile leadership skills and techniques.
- Promotes a high performing business environment by managing technology solutions in application development and support.
- Motivates and develops staff by assessing strengths and weaknesses and providing appropriate developmental and training opportunities; managing multiple direct reports in a DevOps/ Could-based technical environment.
- Develops engineers, architects, testers, analysts, infrastructure, facilitators, and contractors in accordance to the business needs & technical advancement within the organization; Implements successful hiring and retention practices.
- Ensures all work is aligned with department standards by reviewing and approving requirements and functional plans based on acceptance criteria and cost justification.
- Approves proposed project/support plans, requirements & designs; recommends course corrections to meet changing requirements.
- Manages the lifecycle of multiple products that support key business functions; including the use of web services and full technology roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of results.
- Ensures work results are aligned with defined architecture standards and delivered in accordance with defined success criteria.
- Directs and oversees teams in the design, development, integration, and implementation of technology.
- Ensures delivery of reliable high-performance applications and technical services, while creating & implementing functional policies, industry standards and company best practices/ procedures.
- Confers with and advises functional team on technical problems, priorities & methods, proposing and implements technology solutions in accordance with company goals and functional guidelines.
- Manages vendor relationships by reviewing progress and evaluating and measuring performance.
- Protects the company by handling business sensitive information with appropriate confidentiality.
- Min 8 years of related IT experience in programming, systems analysis/ architecture, with at least 4 years of recent experience at a management level
- Strong professional experience with full systems development life cycle methods for generating business software solutions
- Proven leadership background/ skills, successfully managing 24x7 on-call support teams/ internal business application support resources, initiatives & responsibilities
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues and present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff & end-users
- Strong attention to detail, strategic decision-making to resolve divergent interests, accuracy, and written, verbal & documentation communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven success in Customer Service and Satisfaction & problem-resolution delivery
- Ability to develop in-depth understanding related departmental operations, contracts & accounting to ensure business alignment
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science, Business Admin/ Management or any related professional field
- Hotel Operations and Marketing/eCommerce experience
- Extensive technical background managing DevOps/ Could-based technical teams/ environments
- Industry experience in a Hotel or Hospitality-focused environment
Insight Global is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job ID: PHX-280653