This position provides lead support to technical and analytical work needed to develop, design, and/or support applications for the business, research, and/or instructional functions of clients. Employee participates in the development of solutions using programming expertise for day-to-day problems to include maintenance, modification, or development of complex inter-related applications/solutions. Solutions link technical knowledge with business, research, and/or instructional solutions and may range from consulting services (software or hardware recommendations) to developing integrated-automated systems. Duties include client-needs assessment as well as evaluating hardware availability and software requirements. Additionally, employee may be involved in administration of the databases(s) that support the application code. Employee will either be involved in code, database administration, or a combination of both depending upon the size and complexity of the application portfolio of the entity being supported. Employee should be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops projects of any size and complexity.
- Determines appropriate architecture, and other technical solutions, and makes relevant recommendations to clients.
- Develops detailed specification documents with clear deliverables and timelines.
- Defines database requirements, functionality, and utilization.
- Designs and develops application database structure, tables, entity relationships, and security privileges.
- Works with clients and designers to build and refine graphic designs for websites and applications.
- Tests applications to ensure displays meet ease of use and flexibility standards and to ensure websites execute properly for multiple browsers, engaging users as necessary.
- Develops, reviews, and integrates new forms and pages, graphics, and other elements, including HTML code and scripts for website applications.
- Ensures designs make efficient use of network and database resources.
- Creates online help functions, including application documentation.
- Coordinates work with other team members for application development and administration, network administration, and database administration to ensure that architecture, functionality, and design are consistent with all information technology strategies.
- Researches and evaluates new technology, products, specialized hardware and tools to optimize development and functionality of websites and applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Certification or degree in computer programming from a technical school or college plus four years of relevant work experience required; additional programming or other relevant IT experience may be substituted year-for-year for required education.
- Planning and Organizing: Possesses expertise in industry best practices as well as change management planning; manages day-to-day work of other technicians and/or analysts.
- Project Management: Ability to manage complex projects on all levels.
- Technical Knowledge: Ability to interact and serve as a technical resource to technicians and analysts; possesses advanced technical knowledge of applications systems analysis and programming; understands detailed technical issues to design architecture for stable technologies; provides direction for technicians and other analysts.
- Technical Solution Development: Ability to research and implement new technologies in specialty or related area; knowledge of computer equipment capacity and limitations in order to devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems; knowledge of system development and/or maintenance technologies needed to support and maintain the infrastructure on which assigned applications reside.
- Technical Support: Ability to interact with and serve as a key resource in solving problems of high complexity to other analyst and technicians; ability to recommend solutions to technical problems.
- Consultancy Skills: Ability to consult with clients on issues and requests that require implementation or creation of a custom solution.