Spirit AeroSystems designs and builds aerostructures for both commercial and defense customers. With headquarters in Wichita, Kansas, Spirit operates sites in the U.S., U.K., France and Malaysia. The company's core products include fuselages, pylons, nacelles and wing components for the world's premier aircraft. Spirit AeroSystems focuses on affordable, innovative composite and aluminum manufacturing solutions to support customers around the globe.
Develops, integrates, analyzes and maintains the budget / schedule baseline for a statement of work, direct cost or overhead pool, which may require cross operating group coordination. Initiates detailed analysis in support of risk assessments and contingency / recovery plans, and makes recommendations to budget / schedule owner. Develops and presents information to senior management. Communicates with customers on routine cost, schedule and budgeting issues. Runs a variety of weekly / monthly reports to ensure accurate cost collection. Reconciles data discrepancies and corrects errors in cost charging for complex / multiple budgets / pools (correct suspense). Develops, integrates, analyzes and updates forecasts for a statement of work or team, possibly with cross enterprise coordination. Initiates detailed analysis in support of identifying risk and opportunities and makes recommendations to statement of work owner. Develops and presents information to senior management. Compiles data from multiple teams /areas and develops reports to meet more stringent reporting requirements, such as regulatory agency requirements or contractually requiredreports. Interfaces directly with the customer for statement of work or team issues. Participates in regular meetings and proactively supports the daily activities of the area of responsibility. Collects and documents requirements for training, processes and new tool development or enhancement, by interfacing with affected organizations to support the selection / solution process. Develops and presents supplemental training materials to meet unique requirements. Presents course material developed by enterprise wide teams. Participates on enterprise wide or operating group teams in course development. Troubleshoots process and tool issues and determines root cause, then recommends solutions or refers to appropriate organization for resolution. Gathers, compiles and analyzes data in support of compliance internal process reviews and external regulatory requirements. Assists with project startup by participating in planning and implementation activities such as work / organization breakdown structure development and responsibility assignment matrix development to meet internal or external requirements.
- Ability to develop and prepare integrated program plans and schedules and perform financial analyses (e.g., funding profiles, staffing and equipment forecasts, rates of return, estimates at completion, variance analysis, etc.).
- Ability to prepare financial forecasts that ensure that integrated costs and schedules are within negotiated parameters and control guide lines. Ability to develop and disseminate cost rates and forecasts.
- Ability to prepare expenditures, submit requests for funding, and incorporate changes.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6-9 years of experience in Finance or Forecast Planning or Financial Analytics
- Strong MS Office Suite, including Excel & PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills
- Must have the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours during heavy cycle times
- MS Access
- Manufacturing experience