At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than125years, we've brought new products andtechnologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics,medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than150 countries we serve.
Hi, I am Kelley and I am a Marketing Manager with Abbott Diagnostics’ Global Marketing team. We are looking for leaders with healthcare industry experience and the ability to think strategically, uncover insights and positively impact business, marketing and commercial strategies.
If you are insightful, collaborative, results-oriented and have a passion for making a difference, this position is for you.
Primary Job Function
Responsible for delivering insightful, actionable and timely competitive strategies and insights to drive profitable growth and enhance our business strategies
This individual will
- develop a deep understanding of the IVD market and competition
- lead the competitive intelligence process
- synthesize information to uncover insights
- provide strategic recommendations for business strategies
- develop solutions to enhance our marketing strategies and commercial capabilities
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 94,000 people.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Leverage knowledge of market, Abbott Diagnostics and competitors to proactively identify strategic competitive advantages for Abbott Diagnostics
- Lead a highly effective global competitive intelligence process to include capturing, assessing and communicating actionable strategic intelligence and insights
- Develop and nurture a broad network of external sources and internal subject matter experts to uncover insights and develop a deep understanding of the market and competitors
- Prepare in depth assessments of competitors’ strategies, strengths/weaknesses, tactics, trends, investments, pipeline and future activities
- Develop high impact sales tools and education to enhance commercial capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Business, Finance or Marketing
- Advanced credentials such as a MBA or master’s degree in marketing or other relevant fields
- Experience in US and international diagnostics healthcare
- 10+ years of experience, with 3-5 years progressive experience in health care professional industry Experience in marketing, strategic planning, competitive intelligence and/or executive sales
- Demonstrates ability to effectively collaborate, build effective network of cross-functional partners and influence at all levels of the organization and across cultures
- Excellent business acumen to assess and identify implications of IVD market across business functions and geographies
- Strong financial acumen to analyze, interpret and identify insights from financial and analyst reports
- Experience analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative information, identifying implications and observing patterns, making correct inferences, drawing conclusions, explaining facts, data, or information to evaluate competitors' products/services, strategic direction, and core competencies utilizing a wide variety of resources
- Advanced ability to think strategically and identify insights in a complex global marketplace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) across a wide range of audiences with ability to simplify complex concepts
- Strong commercial orientation and understanding of commercial needs with commercial experience desirable
- Desire and proven ability to deliver within a fast-paced, results-driven matrix organization
- Familiarity with information management software and systems is helpful; computer literacy is essential. Microsoft Office suite skills critical
- Proven sensitivity towards confidentiality, and understanding of all requirements and corporate policies and guidelines that impact legal and ethical conduct and competitive intelligence practices
Market Development and Research
United States > Lake Forest :150 North Field Drive
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an8hour day)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.