The International Markets Data & Analytics team is a key success enabler of our business across the globe. The Network and Clinical Delivery Analytics team drives affordability strategies and outcome measurement of our affordability solutions. This individual will lead a global team responsible for conducting analytics, process efficiencies, and performance reporting needed to secure and measure Cigna's competitive position. The successful candidate will collaborate with key technical and non-technical stakeholders to deliver analysis that drives measurable business value.
- Supervise, coach, and develop a global team of analysts supporting data & analytics needs of the Network and Clinical initiatives of the Total Health & Network organization
- Develop consistent and robust approach to value, cost, and risk assess affordability initiatives based on decision path/timing to manage forward looking cost management objectives and prioritization / sequence of those affordability initiatives
- Develop and manage operational process to enable driving reliable, consistent, and effective valuation and ongoing tracking of those valuations.
- Present analytic findings and recommendations to senior leadership, finance and business partners to drive data driven affordability strategies
- Partner with Clinical and Network Analytics Product Owners to define, deliver and drive adoption of analytics solutions
- Work with globally distributed matrix partners, including but not limited to Finance, Actuarial, BI, Data Science, and Clinical for both development and adoption of related processes, metrics, and tools
- Create robust documentation and training to advance both credibility and accuracy
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously while delivering efficiencies within department
- Analyze data quality, quantify business impact data issues and recommend required data, system and process actions and remediation
- Partner with Global Data & Analytics Team to drive alignment with strategy & best practices
This position requires healthcare and insurance content knowledge, analytics/data science expertise, value based program expertise, contract underwriting, and provider reimbursement knowledge.
- 6+ years’ work experience in related healthcare analytics or actuarial functions leveraging data analytics to drive business results
- 2+ years’ experience in leadership role, managing others and working closely with senior level executives in driving strategic decisions
- Analyst team building, coaching and teaching skills
- Knowledge and experience of quantitative analysis and methodologies
- Understanding of contracting and contract underwriting tools. Familiarity with the TCC, trend, unit cost, translation factor, and financial planning processes
- Knowledge of standard medical coding: CPT, ICD10, HCPC with previous experience within a hospital finance setting a plus
- Experience with performance reporting and development coupled with operational efficiencies. Strong Healthcare data knowledge and hands on experience with the following: medical claims data, clinical data, pharmacy data and eligibility data a plus
- Exposure to healthcare cost and quality metrics, including Value Based Payment programs (ACO, bundles, episodes, etc.) and provider reimbursement structure
- Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment. Previous experience working with the local markets
- Demonstrated problem solver working with various business stakeholders
- Strong verbal/written communication and leadership skills to work with various matrix partners, including but not limited to clinical, actuarial, medical economics, contracting, Agile, pricing, competitive intelligence, and IT/IM.