Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply! Our people make all the difference in our success.
This Senior Advisor position is an opportunity for an analytics professional to provide support on complex analytics projects and initiatives. We are building a new team within Clinical Analytics to determine how advanced embedded analytics can lead Cigna to achieving our growth goals in our Health Utilization Management space. Health Utilization Management is foundational to promoting evidence-based practice and affordability.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Health Utilization Management and working with other analytics professionals, you will work collaboratively with our Chief Medical Officer and team of clinicians to provide partnership in analytics, developing analytics solutions, leveraging data science and technologic capabilities and embedding analytics driven processes. These solutions will be used to inform how to constantly improve continuum of care between our physician partners and customers, as they navigate the delivery system.
So, you’re interested in becoming the newest member of this team? Great choice! Let’s check some boxes to see if you fit the bill:
- Perform advanced trend analytics to answer “what happened?”
- Conduct root cause statistical analyses to answer “why did this happen?”
- Develop predictive models to answer “what will happen next?” and “who is it likely to happen to?”
- Mine data to answer “where are the opportunities?”
- Develop methods/frameworks/models to answer “what kind of decision problem is this?”
- Build models and deploy innovation processes and pilots to answer “how can we get better?”
- Provide expert content/professional leadership on complex analytics and data science projects in the Health Utilization Management business area
- The chosen candidate will have the requisite content knowledge related to evaluating clinical health outcomes, conducting randomized control trials, utilizing statistical modeling techniques (e.g. multivariate regression, propensity score matching, coarsened exact matching), and employing health service research techniques.
- Analyze results and present analytics in a consumable method using overview, major takeaways, major questions, and next steps and analyze and interpret trends or patterns in data sets through descriptive and multivariate statistics
- Conduct matched case-control studies and/or randomized control trials for determining the effectiveness of health program services and solutions
- Understand how our analytics affect the broader business and bridge gap between analytics/data science and stakeholders.
- Maintain analytics skillset through understanding new technologies, modeling techniques, and the ability to execute and apply to our work
- Exercise considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives
- Interface across multiple business areas, including, but not limited to clinical, pricing, reporting, product development, operations, and marketing departments as needed.
- Present results and recommendations to non-technical business partners and stakeholders to drive the decision-making process
- 5+ years’ healthcare experience solving business problems through the application of analytics
- Previous experience conducting program evaluation, outcomes research and exploratory data mining
- Statistics experience performing propensity score matching, coarsened exact matching, multivariate regression, confidence intervals, power analysis, regression modeling, etc.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g. SAS, R) and data management languages (e.g. Python, SQL) is required
- Comprehension of healthcare data (e.g., ICD-10, claims) and demonstrated understanding of health care and delivery system processes
- Experience collaborating with others and establish working relationships, communicate effectively across the organization and at different levels, think and act strategically, and influence key leaders with a strong customer focus and management of stakeholder expectations
- Ability to successfully navigate and contribute in a highly-matrixed environment using an agile methodology