It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries comprise a global health services and financial company that serves millions of people worldwide through our health, pharmacy, behavioral, dental, disability, life, accident and international products and services. Our mission is to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people we serve.
The Business Analytics Director, Sales & Retention Analytics role is an opportunity for a proven leader that can establish and execute a vision for how applied data and analytics can maximize Cigna's revenue and earnings performance with information driven sales & distribution operations that that allow us to better sell and retain business.
Reporting to the Sales and Distribution Analytics Managing Director, this role will work collaboratively with our Sales & Distribution business stakeholders to provide strategic thought partnership in analytics, build and prioritize an operational roadmap and develop required analytics solutions that leverage data science and technology to embed analytics into our sales & distribution workflow.
The Business Analytics Director is responsible for the execution of work in support US Commercial markets which includes Medical, Pharmacy, and Behavioral across all Employer segments. The Director will need to understand the priorities and challenges of our business partners and ensure the right informatics solutions (e.g. data, reporting or analytics) are applied. Cigna office location other than Bloomfield CT will be considered for qualified candidates.
- Contribute to developing and executing a multiyear analytics strategy and roadmap for our business stakeholders
- Partner with the Sales and Distribution Analytics Managing Director and Director of Pricing, underwriting, and Solutions Valuation to craft long-term vision for operationalization of advanced analytics, build the business case, syndicate with senior leaders and secure commitment
- Develop targeting analytics to enable local sales teams to better deploy distribution resources toward employers that best align to Cigna's value proposition, and develop a multi-year action plan to target Producers and Employers within each local market
- Oversee the generation of analytics to understand the performance of sales and distribution teams, as well as, test the effectiveness of novel ideation through test and learn
- Build monitoring and managerial routines to evaluate the impact of deployed analytics, identify local best practices, and iterate analytics models and business processes accordingly.
- Interact with the business leads for the Sales and Pricing/UW departments to understand their strategy in order to best deploy analytics that help them achieve their business goals
- Identify and execute near-term initiatives to embed advanced analytics within business processes to challenge the status quo and drive an insight driven culture
- Institute standardization and quality assurance across all aspects of delivery, including modeling, evaluations and opportunity analysis
- Prioritize work across multiple project types such as R&D, pilot, prototype, and across key analytic areas, advanced trend analytics, root cause statistical analyses, predictive modeling, data mining and pattern analysis and Innovation processes and pilotcampaigns
- Work closely with other functions such as Information Technology partners
- Lead an integrated business analytics and data science team to develop innovative solutions through internal development and external partnerships
- Define the talent strategy required to achieve business needs; providing individual and team leadership to business analytics and data science team to ensure they are growing their capabilities and achieving their career goals
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ industry experience solving business problems through the application of analytic approaches, prior experiencesupporting sales & distributionprocessespreferred but not required
- Required experience in insurance content knowledge, and analytic and information management. Strong track record of business actions taken or health outcomes achieve through the use of analytics
- Minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Econometrics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or Data Science
- Statistical training in school or through work (ability to formulate and execute appropriate confidence intervals, power analysis, bootstrapping, regression modeling, etc.)
- Proficiency in understanding statistical analysis for purposes of guiding and overseeing Business Analytics work
- Combination of analytical, technical and business acumen
- Proven track record for success in leading high-performance advanced analytics teams and building out best-in-class capabilities
- Demonstrated thought leadership on challenging problems with examples of implementing innovative analytic solutions and driving outstanding results
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in complex matrix organizations and agile teams
- Blend creativity, relentless problem-solving, business acumen, and leadership to drive innovation through analytics working with Innovation team
- Strong verbal/written communication and leadership skills to work with various matrix partners, including but not limited to actuarial, medical economics, business, marketing, and IT/IM
- Ability to manage a vision and purpose with various business stakeholders and analytics teams
- Effective leadership, prioritization and management of complex deliverable portfolio in a dynamic environment
Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status.