Why work at Moneris?As a leader in the payment Industry, Moneris is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create safer, faster and smarter payment solutions for our customers. We are looking for candidates who welcome new challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, are passionate about learning and aspire to grow within their careers. At Moneris, we embrace our values and culture to connect our ideas, challenge ourselves and grow together. We strive to evolve our processes by relating to the customer, ensuring we provide the best solutions in payment technology. Moneris was named as one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America in 2017 and is recognized in the Forbes 2018 list of Canada’s Best Employers. Moneris offers competitive Total Rewards programs and opportunities for learning and career development. Purpose of the role
This role exists in order to design, develop, manipulate, maintain and support financial reporting systems; and interpret data to influence and drive decision making as well us produce financial calculations to support business operations and business insight. **This role will offer you the opportunity to work on exciting innovative projects such as the utilizing Point of Sale data to effectively analyze Canadian Economic trends. For optimum success in this role, understanding the business, creating the new and different, building collaborative relationships, influencing people, and being flexible and adaptable, will be important. You will be accountable for
- Employing data mining techniques to produce financial analysis and business insight to provide conclusions or recommendations on business performance in effort to support decision making.
- Eliciting, analyzing and understanding business and data requirements to develop complete reporting and analytics solutions.
- Executing on special projects / ad-hoc assignments as required with the ability to assume assignments that are moderate- to highly-complex and multi-faceted, to be performed under management guidance.
- Providing technical leadership across a broad range of data analysis functions including data modeling, report design (utilizing tableau), structured query language (SQL), data quality, data profiling, metadata enrichment and management, data provenance and lineage and other specialized data management functions.
- Conducting regular, on-going evaluation of current processes and provide guidance and recommendations to enhance the team’s overall performance.
- Working independently, manage and direct activities related to analysis, design and support of technical data management solutions on various projects.
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of data available from upstream sources and data within various platforms.
- Collaborating with business and technology partners to elicit information/data requirement and articulate those requirements in a manner that can be easily understood by team members.
- Data mining and analysis for various initiatives include writing queries and transforming data into reports for use across the organization.
- Extensive SQL query skills to produce tableau dashboard reporting as well as adhoc analytics.
- Design and development of data sources based on business requirements for reporting objects.
- Extensive experience with Tableau reporting. Design dashboards, scorecards, and other tableau visualizations. Including dashboard data source transformation and creation.
- Implementing, maintaining and enhancing data governance, data quality and related policies.
Your experience includes
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics or Statistics or related field of study.
- 5-7 years of experienceworking with various data sources and relational databases.
- Must have experience in applying statistical methodologies to business problems.
- Must be able to clearly articulate statistical findings.
- Must have superior skills in SQL, R, SAS and VBA.
- Any programming knowledge or experience would be considered an asset.
- Experience with quantitative methods, and ability to work with various data sources, experience with relational databases.
- Superior PC skills, extensive experience in Excel including modelling and VB scripting
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, and verbal).
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with proven ability to communicate technical and highly complex information.
- Work effectively as a team, supporting other members of the team in resolving critical service issues.
- Strong time management skills ability to prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and collaborate with internal and external contacts.
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills with proven ability to interpret data, spot patterns and anomalies and provide insight.
- Ability to present complex findings in a clear & concise manner.
- Proactive and motivated, a desire to initiative own work.
- Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
Internally, this role is known as: Business Data Analyst.