Providence St. Joseph Health is calling a Business Analyst to our location in Portland, OR. This is a telecommute position (work from home). (WA,OR,CA,AK,MT,TX,NM Only)
We are seeking a Business Analyst who will be responsible for embedded Application support and/or Business Analysis for solutions in use by ORC Customers. The Analyst shall provide general troubleshooting and system support, implementation planning, testing, communication, and training for assigned IT solutions in ORC.
The Business Analyst provides continuous support and analysis for various simple to moderately complex ORC issues.
Perform all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects Providence Mission, Core Values, and Standards of Behavior.
The incumbent performs all duties in a manner that promotes the Providence mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, the incumbent serves as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
In this position you will:
- Investigate, resolve, and perform follow up tasks on system and related problems. Able to independently resolve such problems on all Primary and Secondary applications as well as being able to assist in troubleshooting for other applications over which the Analyst does not have official responsibility. An example would be assisting in resolving a problem on an ORC system not assigned to the analyst or on a system for another ORC Team (for instance an HIM, PBO, or Access Services application).
- Be instrumental in helping the organization accept and stabilize the Epic (or other) solution from an operational perspective, immediately upon the go live at each PH&S facility.
- Be responsible to understand and refine the prescribed work flows, policies and procedures, as well as become familiar with the functional workings of the Epic (or other assigned) software.
- Able to act in a lead role representing ORC as it applies to end user specifications for new application features, customizations or other programming/design considerations. Is able to anticipate ORC need and articulate this to appropriate technical resources at OneIS or the application Vendor.
- Coordinate, in a lead role, between ORC users, OneIS, and appropriate Vendors to satisfy system requirements for all applications for which Analyst is assigned as Primary or Secondary. Can also assist in coordinating resources for applications over which the Analyst does not have official responsibility. An example would be assisting in coordinating resources for an ORC system not assigned to the analyst or on a system for another ORC Team (for instance an HIM, PBO, or Access Services application).
- Document, test, and track trouble calls and work orders performed by Vendors or OneIS for all applications for which Analyst is assigned as Primary or Secondary. Can also assist in such activities for applications over which the Analyst does not have official responsibility (other ORC apps).
- Fully accountable for testing new software releases and other enhancements to their Primary applications in coordination with OneIS. Can assist with testing on Secondary applications or act as the fully accountable Analyst if needed. Provide documentation to ORC leadership to assist in any needed updates to RBO policy and procedure.
- Independently provide training to ORC personnel on system usage and upgrades for all applications assigned as Primary or Secondary (if needed).
- Produce and maintain PHS specific documentation for all primary supported applications. Documentation to include information necessary to fully support application that is not included in the Vendor provided application documentation. Share this documentation with end-user groups as appropriate. This documentation must be complete to ensure Secondary coverage as well as OneIS can effectively support application.
- Coordinate the maintenance and updates of assigned tables and parameters for Primary applications. Can also coordinate maintenance and update of tables and parameters for Secondary applications if needed.
- Perform periodic audits to determine if Primary applications are being used to their full potential. Can perform audits on Secondary applications as needed.
- Proactively identify and implement enhancements and improvements to our use of ORC technology solutions in a way that demonstrates documented operational improvement.
- Perform lead/coordination role in the evaluation, selection and implementation of new applications.
- Facilitate meetings with staff and leadership level resources to address and resolve system issues.
- Responsible for initiating and leading projects involving system optimization, new applications implementation, or major system issues/upgrades.
- Implement and controls user sign-on and security levels for applications where access is not managed by OneIS.
- Perform other special projects as required by management.
- Provide highly complex qualitative and quantitative analysis on data and information collected as part of application requirement gathering or issue resolution.
- Conduct peer reviews; resolve issues.
- Audit team members work.
- Train and mentor new team members.
- Resolve complex applications issues.
- Design test approach for unit testing stage for releases & enhancements.
- Develop and execute test plan and test scripts for unit testing and maintain log of test results.
- Collaborate with Application Analysts from other service lines to build test plans for integration testing.
- Prepare cycle test environment including data and processes tests as necessary.
- Lead highly complex technical decision making efforts.
Required qualification for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 years Application Support or Business Analysis experience, with demonstrated problem solving skills
- 5 years Industry Related Experience with 3 years being in Health Care Rev Cycle or other applicable Business experience
- Industry related means health care, business office, Information Services, or within the Revenue Cycle departments
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.