The Business Analyst is a key position in the Global Wholesale, Wealth, and RiskTechnology - GTB team, responsible for servicing Global Transaction Banking worldwide and delivering system solutions for the Corporate Banking platform.
The incumbent must have previous experience in Transaction Banking and advanced knowledge in financial instruments, including some knowledge of market conventions and valuation methods, risk management methodologies and models including best practices, regulatory requirements, and end-to-end workflows for Transaction Banking.
Must have proven project leadership and interpersonal/ communication skills in order to build consensus and obtain cooperation from both stakeholder groups and othertechnology departments.
These skills, along with the incumbent’s good time management and organizational skills, will allow the incumbent to effectively manage initiatives while planning and scheduling resources within those projects to optimize productivity.
Looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with excellent analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to independently resolve complex business problems that are multi-dimensional. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a diverse and fast pace environment and able to absorb new concepts quickly.
The incumbent must also possess a strong understanding of current IT practices, systems development techniques, including requirements specification and testing methodologies, real time analytical and formal modelling tools and keep current with rapidly changing technology.
Minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience.
- Ability to resolve complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs of Global Banking & Markets, by applying their financial and technological knowledge to the design of systems solutions, methodologies, and/or processes. This may involve rapid prototyping, with requirements and solutions developed on an iterative basis that provides interim deliverables until a final production solution is created. This includes conducting research and analysis, accurately and clearly defining user requirements and processes, and liaising with the users.
- Work on multiple projects and/or lead specific sections of large projects to implement solutions to business problems. This involves planning, soliciting and defining business requirements and processes, developing testing/conversion/implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, managing vendor relationship and deliverables, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operation from users and senior management.
- Strong knowledge of requirements / design methodology - detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including SDLC.
- Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts
- Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel
• Strong knowledge of the Bank’s financial instruments, capital markets and wholesale operational processes & controls
• Strong knowledge of requirements gathering, design methodology and building test cases - detail oriented, analytical and capable of investigating complex / technical issues and provide alternative solutions, project methodologies including SDLC, Agileexperience would be an asset to the role
• Excellent communication / presentation skills (both oral and written)
• Excellent team player by working with cross-departmental business & IT stakeholders, ability to manage conflicts
• Highly motivated and committed, capable of working in a dynamic environment with aggressive timelines, multiple work streams running in parallel.
• Previous experience in models & valuation, curve conventions, P&L and/or risk management methodologies would be an asset.
- A recognized under-graduate degree in business, mathematics, computer science or a related discipline.
- A recognized post-graduate or mastersdegree in business, computer science, finance, mathematics, CFA and/or FRM would be an asset.
Requisition ID: 5929.