Responsible for higher level data management which includes business requirements and strategic focused analysis. Analyzes project requirements, creates functional and technical requirements as well as liaison between IT and the business.
- Ability to retrieve data from various sources and prepare data for analysis.
- Data manipulation and extraction experience using Oracle and/or Teradata database suite of tools.
- Must be well organized, extremely detail oriented and have great communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to think strategically, with a solid grasp of business issues and objectives, the implications of different solutions to arrive at the optimal solution given the current environment’s constraints.
- Create and generate reports through MS-Excel, MS-Access, and SQL using Oracle OBIEE, Tableau and MicroStrategy via direct links to core databases (ODS/EDW)
- Produce reports for and interface with senior management and internal and external stakeholders.
- Gather and interpret business requirements and monitor data trends to proactively identify issues
- Build comprehensive mapping documents from business requirements to guide ETL developers
- Execute data changes and update core systems as needed
- Handle multiple projects and timelines effectively and communicate risks and issues to manager regularly
- Assist with training lower level Data Analysts.
- 5+ Years Strong SQL based analytical skills
- Strong grasp on Data Warehouse concepts, models and best practices
- Work closely with Data Architect to ensure business requirements captured are being met
- Work closely with ETL Developers to ensure the quality of the product delivered
- Strong communication skills to work in close alignment with Business users in order to capture clear and concise Business Requirements for the Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Experience with Tableau and Informatica a plus
- Write queries and stored procedures in SQL, exports data into excel or csv files, reviews them for quality and data integrity, and send results to internal clients or external agencies.
- Develop complex SQL queries against various data and computer sources. Including complex Sub queries, correlated queries, and nested queries.
- Concisely summarize and communicate recommendations to various levels of management.
- Analyze and interpret data, producing clear and compelling reports for different audiences which may include graphs and charts of data developed by analyzing situations and/or data models from which answers can be obtained.
- Verify accuracy of data pulled and revises methods of data retrieval by following a standard process.
- Provide data and respond to questions to external groups/agencies/vendors.
- Design and implement data quality monitoring reports, alerts, and processes.
- Propose report formats, including graphical presentations to effectively communicate meaningful data trends and relationships.
- Audit and document existing and new data structures and data flow processes; provide documentation and training to reporting application end users.