The Business Analyst's role is to elicit, analyze, specify and validate the business requirements of project stakeholders. Elicit requirements through facilitated requirements gathering sessions. Analyze requirements and create specifications. Validate requirements to meet the needs of the business. Perform system testing to validate the high-level functionality of solutions. Build subject matter expertise in customer's field and develop productive relationships with customers. The position requires flexibility, responsiveness, creativity and innovative thinking. This position is specific to the implementation of a Legal Case Management System.
• Elicit requirements using interviews, requirements workshops, use cases, scenarios etc.
• Document the detailed business requirements in a traceable, testable and verifiable format, providing recommendations and specifications to refine the business processes as needed to achieve a positive impact to the solution
• Produce work products as appropriate including Business Requirements Documentation, Functional Specifications, workflows, use cases, business rules, process flow, data flow, test cases, training materials, etc.
• Support test strategy definition, test requirements definition, development of test scenarios, and execution of test phases
• Plan and conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) sessions with end-users
• Work directly with the chosen Legal Case Management vendor to ensure that the software is configured/customized to meet stakeholder needs
• Configure users and parameters within the application
• Effectively communicate project status, issues, schedule and accomplishments to various management and stakeholder groups, as needed
• Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives across the enterprise.
• Leverage subject matter expertise to advise customers on business priorities, options, risks, and costs, and ensure solutions meet the needs of the business
• Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
• Subject matter expertise in the customer business area, specifically Case Management application implementation within a law firm or legal environment
• Familiarity with the options, constraints, functionalities, and potential for the implementation of a Case Management System in a legal environment
• Proficient at problem identification and resolution, defining and managing business requirements
• Experience in producing various work products throughout the analysis and design phases of a project
• Knowledge and application of industry standard project management principles delivered using various systems development life cycles, including Agile
• Ability and motivation to learn
• Ability to define, manage, and exceed business customer expectations.
• Strong intellectual curiosity and capacity for professional growth
• Ability to effectively communicate, formally and informally, both oral and written, with various project stakeholders including, IT leadership, business customers, team members, and other IT colleagues
• Strong meeting management and negotiation skills
• BA/BS degree in Business, Computer Science or related field.
• 5+years direct work experience as a business analyst with BA certification desirable.
• Subject matter or domain experience working in related industries – moderate level of knowledge of the legal environment required to ask appropriate questions to mine the data from the legal staff
• Proven experience implementing solutions using Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) software
• Demonstrated track record of success at IT projects that meet business requirements and customer expectations
• Experience with business process modeling.
• Experience with prototyping and Business Process Modeling tools a plus
• Experience as a Business Analyst on Agile project teams