Job Description : The Business Analyst is a senior-level role that analyzes business and technical processes to develop new and modified business information systems. He/she represents the business to define requirements and business cases for information technology development.
Specific duties to include:
- Act as a Materials business functional expert and train end-users and Business Analysts in DELTEK ERP (Costpoint with emphasis on Materials and Procurement Modules).
- Perform research and analysis of divisions’ business process, develop detailed specifications for system configuration and generate recommendation in the form of technical briefings, reports and other major documents.
- Identify improvements to current materials processes.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for functional area in support of multiple divisions and stay informed of new and/or changes in business rules and polices, and make recommendation to stay compliant.
- Act as a liaison between Information Technology (IT) and the functional departments to determine business needs and recommend appropriate solutions within assigned financial functional areas.
- Support End-Users in the day-to-day application of the system by discussing and resolving problems.
- Answer questions associated with design of DELTEK ERP Materials application, its feature, and its capabilities and provide input for design and construction of test cases and business scenarios.
- Responsible for providing technical documentation of process and workflow analysis.
- Act as a Project Lead over process improvement and system modification initiatives.
The L3 Interstate Electronics Corporation Division was founded in 1956 and for over 60 years IEC has played a key role in the most successful defense system of modern history. Headquartered in Anaheim, CA, IEC is a recognized industry leader in defense and security solutions, providing critical technology advancements in the areas of GPS/ Position Navigation and Timing, and Range and Test Solutions.
Required Education/Experience : Position requires a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or related discipline, and a minimum of 10 years overall related experience. At least five years experience in Deltek ERP Costpoint system as Functional Analyst. Must have extensive experience with Deltek ERP Costpoint application materials environment. Strong Materials background and general knowledge of Material Management principles.