The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
UW Information Technology (UW-IT) is the central information technology organization for the University of Washington, responsible for strategic planning, oversight, and direction of the UW’s IT infrastructure, resources, and services. UW-IT provides critical technology support to all three campuses, UW medical centers, and research operations around the world. UW-IT partners with the University community to enable innovation, learning, discovery, and service.
The Enterprise Document Management (EDM) program within UW-IT provides technical solutions and services to academic, business, and IT groups throughout the University. These services support enterprise business process modernization and automation, enterprise content management, and records retention.
UW-IT has an outstanding opportunity for a Business Analyst.
The Business Analyst will lead the functional analysis and discovery for Enterprise Document Management implementation projects, and will ensure that the Program successfully delivers customer solutions by gathering and organizing requirements, managing functional scope, and effectively communicating business needs to the software development team. The Business Analyst is responsible for thoroughly understanding the complexities of each customer’s process improvement and content management needs in relation to the technical capabilities at hand, and for synthesizing that information into manageable inputs that will contribute to the success of the project. The Business Analyst will work closely with the EDM team members, partner teams within UW-IT, and UW departments.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Information Science, Computer Science, or related field.
• Minimum of four years of experience performing progressively more complex business analysis activities such as scope definition, requirements gathering/discovery, business process re-engineering, requirements management, system configuration, contributing to build cycles, and training.
• Experience as a business analyst and key contributor in both project and operational support environments.
• Experience as a functional leader or key contributor in complex, enterprise-wide collaborative technical projects that have required significant business process change.
• Proven ability to represent business stakeholders effectively, and translate between business and technical requirements.
• Experience working directly with business stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
• Experience working with both internal and contract resources to solve business problems and implement solutions.
• Experience preparing for and managing organizational change.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including mastery of communication tools such as swimlane diagrams, workflow models, use cases, wireframes, etc.
• Ability to speak and write about technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to navigate in a complex technology environment.
• Experience with Agile software development methodologies/concepts.
• Ability to manage time effectively while working back and forth between project and operational support tasks.
• Comfortable working with diverse teams, and willingness to promote inclusivity in the workplace.
Equivalent education/experience may substitute for all minimum requirements.
• Knowledge of IT accessibility issues for users with disabilities; familiarity with accessibility standards and best practices; experience testing for accessibility; and demonstrated ability to design content/applications with accessibility considerations.
• Experience working at a large Research University.
• Experience with Oracle Applications or Middleware.
• Experience with enterprise workflow tools, such as Activiti or Oracle BPM Suite.
Req #: 147191