The Business Analyst participates in different phases of systems development, including creating functional design documents, executing systems tests and conducting user training. Demonstrates strong competency levels in analysis and design of software programs. The Business Analyst provides guidance to business personnel and may be required to manage project assignments, organize testing activities and manage the preparation of systems/operations documentation. In this role, growth and refinement in technical skills are incurred by attending technical training, performing unit/systems tests and performing analysis/design activities. The BA coordinates/communicates implementation activities with the user community, other Information Services business areas and/or outside service providers. This person will be on-call and play an active role in production support with due diligence.
Essential Functions - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manages and plans activities for daily production support for company personnel and customers; user personnel engaged in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of information systems which provide competitive advantages for the company. Provide user support.
- According to the Technicolor Systems Development Methodology and Standards, performs the functional development of a system, prepares detailed functional design documents, develops and maintains requirements of simple to complex programs, performs unit / string / system tests and prepares systems / operations documentation.
- Completes system analysis assignments to determine detailed system requirements associated with the development, testing and implementation of systems in client-server, mid-range, web-based and / or enterprise server environments.
- Participates in the planning and execution of systems test and user training; may be entirely responsible for these tasks on small and / or medium size systems.
- Resolves the trouble reports of various levels of complexity for production systems.
- Performs business requirements' evaluation for selection and implementation of hardware and software associated with assigned projects.
- Maintains technical knowledge of hardware and software tools utilized in the development and support of assigned systems. Inventory/Warehouse/Logistics departmental experience a must.
- Demonstrates excellence in the following areas: motivation and initiative, integrity and the application of team skills, and critical thinking
- Displays professionalism and effective interpersonal behavior and leadership
- Advanced quality of work, timeliness of work, productivity, capacity for work and problem solving
Systems / Technology Development
- High degree of expertise in construction of functional requirements of systems development
- Advanced in the areas of methodology/standards, technical/business knowledge, analysis, design, testing, implementation and monitoring/tuning
- Exhibits professionalism and refinement with respect to listening and speaking
- Displays significant proficiency in writing, delivering presentations, meeting mechanics and facilitation skills
- Proficent in project planning / organization, contingency planning and project control
- Advanced ability in staff management, staff development and team evaluation/training
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- 3+ years' experience in the development and support of systems in client-server, midrange, web-based and / or enterprise server computing environments
- Strong knowledge of the systems development life cycle, structured analysis, file access methods, computer aided software engineering (CASE) development, application software packages and PC-based packages used in development or support of production systems
- Solid problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing
- Strong time and work management skills
- Ability to work well in a complex environment and guide the activities of others
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Knowledge of current and emerging business practices
- Knowledge of 3rd Party Logistics company operations and the Inventory/warehouse/logistics functional area being supported
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines and smartphones.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel is expected for this position
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies with all Federal, State and Local law prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.