Conducts various types of research and analysis to support the business operations to an internal business segment, division, group or line of business. Assists management to resolve business issues in an effective and productive manner. Designs, documents and re-engineers business processes and publishes business metrics results.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
•Performs analyses of the business goals, objectives, and needs of the general business environment for the appropriate OCCM segment, division, group or line of business.
•Performs research and analysis to support business operations and presents findings to manager or project leader.
•Plans and designs business processes and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support business systems and activities and/or to deliver greater effectiveness and efficiency.
•Utilizes systems and data to resolve business issues in the most effective and productive manner.
•Identifies and implements best practices and suggests how to improve current practices.
•Calculates/estimates costs and benefits of alternative actions or solutions to establish their viability/ROI.
•Develops recommendations to solve problems and issues related to business operations.
•Analyzes and documents business processes and metrics, and identifies improvement opportunities.
•May train internal employees on changes to business practices, processes or procedures.
•May perform special projects upon request and on occasion.
•May provide coaching and/or guidance to less experienced Business Analysts.
•Performsother related duties asrequired.
A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
•Knowledge of OCCM’ products and services
•Knowledge of the business goals, objectives and business operations for the appropriate OCCM organization
•Knowledge of workers compensation industry
•Proficiency in standard office software, such as MS Office, Visio, MS Access, etc.
•Proficiency in industry-standard process methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma, LEAN, ISO, CMM, etc.)
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills to audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
•Willingly shares relevant knowledge and expertise to other resources
•Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, interpersonal, team, customer service, negotiation, conflict management and time management skills
•Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
•Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
•Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
• For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear
• For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear
• The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height)
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus
• The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate
• The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload
• Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position
• Pleasebe advised the job description is subject to change at any time
Business Analyst Senior
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple analytical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior business systems analysts. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated business analysis experience with at least one project as the business analyst lead on a “large” project.