What you'll get to do:
Serve as an experienced Business/Systems Analyst who has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment, which developed custom software and database applications. Responsibilities include:
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
- Review high-level requirements provided by the Product Owner and decompose into user stories.
- Meet regularly with the Product Owner to review and prioritize the product backlog.
- Clearly communicate business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Provide guidance and clarification of user stories to the development team as a proxy Product Owner.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
- Work collaboratively with the Product Owner and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
- Develop product roadmaps and participate in Integrated Release Planning
- Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Identify use cases that are candidates for automated regression tests.
- Lead the demonstrations to the Product Owner and stakeholders.
The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is also crucial. A willingness to learn and stay abreast of industry trends is also required. The program emphasizes innovation and looks for individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria includes but is not limited to:
- 3 year check for felony convictions
- 1 year check for illegal drug use
- 1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum (7) years' experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects.
You are good at:
- Translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories.
- Creating a product backlog that provides business value to the customer.
- Experience conducting backlog refinement sessions with stakeholders and the Product Owner to gather and validate business requirements.
- Experience with coaching a development team to understand the business value and mission of the supported product.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodologies and estimating techniques.
- Experience analyzing data and data relationships across an organization's business areas.
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Developing business processes, capability needs, and business requirements.
- Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio) and Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence)
Bonus would be having:
- Certified Product Owner
- Software development background
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.