The Business Analyst will work in Data Management team to analyze, map and transform the client data into SwissRe Systems. The incumbent will work closely with cross functional teams to support monthly processing of Reinsurance Data. The position requires to be innovative and find creative solution to map large transactions data into SwissRe Systems
This role requires to work closely with our leadership, technical and business teams to understand reinsurance business and technical systems in order to deliver robust, reusable, and highly scalable solutions that are used to drive key business decisions. The position requires good understanding of insurance and reinsurance products and understanding of industry standard file data formats (e.g. TAI). The position requires to support participate in internal and external audits on data/mapping quality. The incumbent will serve as a Subject Matter Expert in design and implementation of changes in new and existing systems. The incumbent will require to adopt and learn new technologies and learn to simply processing
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Five or more years of business analysis experience
· Working knowledge with relational data stores (e.g. Oracle), SQL/PLSQL
· Working knowledge of ETL tool (e.g Informatica, Pervasive)
· Basic skills in computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
· Preferred Experience in IT project work
· Highly proficient in using business software applications including MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, SharePoint , Outlook , MSBI, Power BI.
· Training in Project Management and/or Agile methodology is a plus
· Basic understanding of Big Data Analytics
· Experience in working in tools like Palantir is a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with internal colleagues and external stakeholders. Conveying the information simply and clearly eliminating likely causes of misunderstanding
· Ability to present information for decision making purposes with little or no direction. Be self-empowered & know when to escalate issues appropriately.
· Strong analytical skills (business solutions, problem solving, creative thinking etc.). Ability to look at problems or situations from a fresh perspective and suggest creative solutions
· Willingness to continuously improve & take on challenges
· Ability to interact, influence and get along with others. Demonstrate Emotional Awareness by identifying, understanding and managing own emotions to empathize with others and overcome challenges/conflicts
· Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet project deadlines.
· Delivers presentation in confident manner both in-person and virtually. Ability to effectively present complex or technical information
· Good ability to work in a team environment with multiple team members across multiple locations
· Ability to apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving routine to moderately complex problems.
· Excellent business liaison skills. Ability to digest system complexity and articulate to business users in a concise and simple language.
· Understands (re)insurance concepts and has the ability to communicate on insurance topics.
· Strong self-starter with desire to grow Insurance Business knowledge.