The Business Analyst facilitates the elaboration of requirements and documents detailed requirements for complex IT initiatives; collaborates with team members to ensure requirements meet the needs of all team members; collaborates with others who are responsible for the application and database design, testing, and implementation of the solution; works with business partners to ensure the solution meets the requirements.
The Business Analyst supports QA by providing test plan review, participation in initial smoke testing, and supporting user acceptance testing. The Business Analyst also collaborates with a Project Manager who is managing the project scope. The main function of the Business Analyst will be to work on detailed requirements and feature elaboration, the results captured in Agile stories with acceptance criteria, and associated artifacts, such as data mapping.
- Act as a liaison between the Business Unit and the IT team on large and/or complex technical projects, often requiring coordination of multiple functional areas.
- Ensure proper planning and execution of assigned requirements activities. Foster and maintain effective relationships with Business Units and IT team members.
- Work collaboratively with peer business analysis personnel on projects or between projects.
- Understand the overall business vision and also address or respond to specific requirements details.
- Facilitate requirements interviews and workshops with project stakeholders.
- Analyze, define, and translate user requirements to ensure understanding of the request by all project members.
- Document data requirements and conduct data analysis as necessary for each project. Collaborate with other IT disciplines to ensure continuity between requirements, design, and testing.
- Review test and implementation plans and support testing of system enhancements and projects by the business unit.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressive experience as a Business Analyst and exposure to standard methodologies
- Exposure to Group and/or Voluntary Disability and Life Insurance is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience working on large, complex IT projects.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organizational skills, interpersonal skills, requirements planning, and management skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude towards problem identification and resolution.
- Comfortable with data requirements and related data activities.
- System savvy: i.e., knowledge of web-based applications, ability to analyze data through SQL queries or other such tools, etc.
- Experience with a variety of documentation tools: i.e., Visio, Word, Excel, etc.