Business Analyst / Solutions Analyst - Insurance
Position: Business Analyst/Solutions Analyst- Insurance
Location: New York, NY
Vitech is one of the world’s leading providers of financial and benefit administration software. We serve insurance, retirement and investment organizations and our over 100 clients include the premier entities in each of our markets. Our software, V3, is a unique administration platform specifically designed to address the unique needs of group benefits and alternative asset administration.
We are headquartered in New York City with staff and clients located across the United States and around the world. We provide the V3 software, implementation and support services and offer cloud-based solution hosting. We employ 850 full time employees experienced in both enterprise software technology and the specific business domains in which we work.
We are dedicated to helping our clients improve their market agility, raise their service levels and streamline their operations while consolidating and modernizing their legacy administration platforms. Our clients collectively administer over $1 trillion in coverage and serve nearly 20 million individuals.
Here’s your chance to join a dynamic, global team of technology and domain subject matter experts, developers, quality assurance experts and business analysts who are helping shape the future of technology. We offer a competitive compensation package and a comprehensive benefits program to ensure employees' health, well-being and financialsecurity.
Smart solutions for complex problems! The Insurance Business Analyst is a fast-paced, dynamic and challenging position. This role would allow you to leverage your entrepreneurial background, successful experience working in technology and Group Benefits Insurance. You will play an instrumental role in building out many of Vitech’s functional areas of our V3 software, specifically for voluntary benefits.
The Insurance Business Analyst will work with a multi-faceted team, enhancing system configurations, improve business processes, and ensure overall functional effectiveness of our proprietary V3 software for the Insurance vertical.
As a liaison between our clients and the development teams, we are looking for individuals with the ability to ensure consistency and accuracy for design solutions that meet client business needs in the Insurance space. You will have a variety of interactions—gathering requirements, drafting initial specifications, handling implementation issues and providing onsite Q&A.
This is a role with high internal executive and external client visibility, with tremendous growth potential!
Be a part of a thriving company with both an entrepreneurial spirit and the experience of an industry leader!
- Establish and maintain excellent relations with all clients as measured by their confidence that Vitech can and will deliver a quality business solution.
- Responsible for the analysis of the business needs and documenting the business rules across one or more client accounts.
- On-site client visits will be required for conducting initial foundational analysis and production of requirements documents, functional specification documents, testing, training, and project work.
- Responsible for collection of client documents; for weekly review and management of reported issues and modification requests, including the testing of and confirmation of reported issues.
- Responsible for coordination, testing and deployment of client application releases.
- Effectively communicate functional requirements to development team.
- Serve as on-site client support, and on going client-training.
- Serve as liaison between development staff and user community during development, testing and implementation stages as well as for on going modifications; on site support for system cutover.
- Work to develop project plans in conjunction with development staff to meet project needs.
- Develop significant application and related business requirements expertise.
- Undertake on-site application deployments, test script development, and test script execution.
- Provide on-site and remote support to client application users including training, general support, and problem diagnosis and resolution milestones and to accommodate client needs.
- A demonstrated excellence in analysis of business process, documentation presentation and testing.
- Strong understanding with Group Benefits Insurance/Voluntary benefits (Life, Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital Indemnity products is preferred)
- Experience in new customer Insurance system implementations
- Insurance industry knowledge- Individual, voluntary and group ancillary plans.
- Applied knowledge of the SDLC and software development methodologies.
- Strong SQL proficiency.
- Strong understanding of Relational Databases
- Bachelors degree in management, business or similar field
Other Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to build Use Cases and requirements management tools
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and data analysis Adherence to delivery deadlines
- Verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Experience in systems implementation or integration projects is a plus
- ERP implementation experience is a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years experience is required
Vitech Systems Group is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), M/F/Disability/Veterans, and strongly supportsdiversity in the workforce.