We are looking for Business Analyst - SME for our client in Jackson, MS
Job Title: Business Analyst - SME
Job Location: Jackson, MS
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Our client has a current goal for every community to effectively use a World-Class Data System to improve student outcomes.
- This goal has an outcome to increase the availability of quality data to drive decisions that improve student outcomes.
- They are planning to satisfy this goal in part by modernizing their current student information system along with improving the quality of data in connected systems.
- This will include web-based application development, and creation of dashboards and reports that will improve access, accuracy and ease of use for all stakeholders.
This position will require a qualified Business Analyst to take the lead in the following tasks:
- Requirements Management: gathering, analysis, organization and reporting
- Translate stakeholder requests into formal requirements
- Review of current systems and map new requirements
- Documentation of new development (User Guide, Systems Guide, other)
- Must be able to effectively communicate (verbal and written) requirements with stakeholders as well as development team
- Must be able to collaborate with Project Manager, Architect, and developers to ensure requirements are communicated, accepted, and meet expectations - 7 Years experience
- Must be able to translate and simplify requirements from stakeholders into written requirement documents for development team.
- Documents include: Formal Requirements Document, Functional Design Document, Technical Design Document, Technical Use Cases, User stories, Business Cases, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Test cases. (Candidate will need to provide samples of previous documents created.
- Must submit with resume) - 7 Years experience
- Must be able to create diagrams, flowcharts, and work flows of business processes - 7 Years experience
- Must be able to create diagrams, flowcharts, and work flows of data flow through system - 7 Years experience
- Must be able to create and manage test cases for Quality Assurance - 7 Years experience
- Must be familiar with software and database development concepts - 7 Years experience
- Business Analyst work on a software development team - 7 Years experience
- Strong experience in requirements management and creating all documents listed above - 7 Years experience
- Strong experience in mapping business processes into technical documentation - 7 Years experience
- Strong experience in acceptance testing - 7 Years experience
- Ability to analyze business functions - 7 Years experience
- Scrum - 7 Years experience
- Agile - 7 Years experience
Preference given to candidates with the below skills/experience. Must also meet minimum requirements:
- Team Foundation Server
- MS Visio
- Database Entity Design