The Business Analyst (BA) – Senior will be a self-starter that drives, leads and supports business strategy and utilize strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements and business needs from cross-functional team across all levels of the organization, including vendors and will also serve as a mentor and to new team members. The Business Analyst-Senior will help drive solution, scope and objectives and / or process improvements to meet business needs. They will optimize business functions, business and system processes, understand impact of systems on business capabilities, including cost. Will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of solutions through testing activities (reusability, performance, automation, etc.) and understand defect tracking and remediation. They will also serve as a liaison between IT and business units to resolve system and process issues, they will understand, support, guide and direct complex and cross-functional assignments using various methodologies.
The BA-Senior will also gain confidence of stakeholders at all levels of the organization (including executive leadership) in the problem solving and decision making analysis approach through effective leadership of these activities that result in appropriate solutions to underlying problems. In this position you may train users and you will need to clearly communicate changes and impacts on processes and policies. May be required to work outside of core hours for production support rotation and / or project implementations. May be required to travel to sites where needed.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Requirements Management
• Conduct elicitation sessions using various methods.
• Mentor team members on tools, techniques, standards and methodologies (lean, SAFe, etc.)
• Analyze, specify and create user stories or other documentation that captures requirements for system and process changes.
• Verify requirements and gain business and technical approval during sprint demonstrations or other meetings.
• Facilitate workshops on process (business and system)improvement initiatives
• Evaluate and present recommendations for process improvements
2. Software Testing (Creation, Execution and Tracking)
• Develop, execute and maintain test designs, including test cases and test scripts. Use automation and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) when appropriate.
• Conduct testing to ensure that functionality, usability, reliability and performance of solutions are consistent with requirements.
• Report and manage issues and defects and troubleshoot to determine root cause to ensure all issues are resolved
• Develop and / or execute test scenarios and validate against acceptance criteria to ensure high quality products are delivered
• Understand and execute system integration testing
3. System Support and Analysis
• Provide release, implementation and production support to the organization.
• Assist with user documentation of process and procedures.
• Manage and coordinate resolution of system problem and provide support after system implementation
• Strong problem solving and ability to think on feet to restore services and address concerns
• Translate assignments received into the form of objectives to specific tasks, features, stories, ceremonies and overall work needed
• Work with vendors as needed to address issues or impellent changes
• Knowledge of core system and processes across multiple business and system areas
• Effectively communicate at all levels (including executive leadership) both technical and non-technical audiences.
4. Operational Process Improvement
• Understand and follow project delivery methodologies (Agile / SAFe).
• Guide and direct process improvements initiatives.
• Lead and coordinate(inter and intra) team work and project efforts / activities
• Manage and coordinate resolution of system problems and provide support after system implementation
• Influence policy and procedures with in an agile team or business analysis team and have appropriate transparency with leadership on process improvement initiatives (taking initiative to point out and correct issues where needed)
• Collaborate with business partners and IT teams to develop procedural material and training (user or technical documentation).
5. Coaching and Mentoring
• Serve as a new employee mentor and coach on processes and best practices
• Serve as a consultant on solution design efforts
• Provide a positive and productive change agent
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree with 5-7 years of relevant experience; OR an Associate degree or 2 years of continuing education/training with 7-9 years of relevant experience; OR a high school diploma or equivalent with 8-10 years of relevant experience.
2. Solid communication, organization and interpersonal skills
3. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
4. Willingness to be collaborative to achieve business objectives
5. Demonstration strong team work skills
6. Self-Starter- quickly learn systems / processes and assigned work.
7. Flexible with change, pivot and redirect as needed to meet the objectives
8. Business Process Knowledge / system knowledge of health insurance or related industry
9. Requirements modeling
10. Test case development
11. Familiar with SQL, Python, UI Path or other similar tools and test automation processes
12. Strong problem solving skills
13. Experience with requirements gathering techniques
14. Ability to quickly gain familiarity with systems, processes and assigned work
15. Experience working with data integration or experienceworking with visual requirements including but not limited to: logical data and process models, workflow diagrams, context diagrams and / or user interface mock-ups
16. Professional demeanor with the ability to model dedication and support for DHP Goals
17. Experience being a change agent in an organization
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Experience serving in a business or functional role in the healthcare or healthcare insurance industry.
3. Familiarity with business analysis activities, such as elicitation, requirement documentation and communication and resolution assessment and validation.
4. Experience writing user stories, Agile and Lean process experience.
5. Experience working with HIPAA transaction.
6. Technical proficiency in relevant technologies: Oracle, Informatica, TIPBCO, .NET, Sharepoint, MetaVance, MS Office Suite, Version One.
7. Experience working with Web Services and/or Data Warehousing.
8. Willingness to learn software development.
9. Experience performing business analysis tasks for data integration and EDI transactions efforts.
Essential Physical Functions:
1. Job tasks are primarily sedentary in nature.
2. Ability to perform fine motor skills while using the computer or writing. Computer use may occur for extended periods.
3. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
4. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, writing or phone tasks.