The Senior Business Analyst partners with a variety of technical and functional partners within the business to define requirements for application development, develops required documentation and communicates status in order to ensure business requirements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines detailed requirements, analyzes business needs, and validates solutions with the client.
- Performs feasibility analysis, scopes project, and recommends alternative solutions, project strategy and deliverable prioritization.
- Serves as senior subject matter expert associated with content, processes, and procedures. Develops high level implementation plans.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
- Serves as a liaison between technical and functional stakeholders, and project management teams, to help keep initiatives moving forward smoothly and in accordance with project plans.
- Participates in multiple key initiatives simultaneously.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Analysts.
- Monitors other Business Analysts in software development methods and processes, and recommends implementation of those methods.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Engineering or related field
- 5 years related experience required including project support
- Understanding of budgeting and financial management processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Formal project management training or certification
- Experience with Microsoft Visio and Project
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail