The Business Analyst/Senior Business Analyst is the liaison between IT and the business users. The Senior Business Analyst works almost completely independently with little guidance from the team lead but is responsible for reporting project status to the manager. Duties and Responsibilities
• Continuously exhibit and uphold Core Values of Integrity, Accountability, Communication and Teamwork, Innovation and Customer Service
• Maintain a consistent and constant flow of communication between the business users and IT.
• Working with business leaders to achieve the best use of technology to attain business goals (both in efficiency and quality). Utilize both business and IT expertise to help business owners determine priorities.
• Perform requirements gathering with the business user community for IT projects.
• Analysis of business requirements in coordination with development managers to determine the best development approach/solution within the existing IT systems infrastructure.
• Ability to manage all projects and provide accurate time estimates for their individual work effort. Analysts are expected to meet time estimates they generate on a consistent basis with valid explanation when time estimates are missed.
• Conduct/Oversee system training for business users as system enhancements are migrated to the production environment.
• Provide production support and trouble-shooting assistance for system issues.
• Work with IT and business units to generate ad hoc reports and data extracts using SQL.
• Continually update insurance industry related knowledge through insurance journals, newspaper articles, BISYS, CPCU, etc.
• Earn certifications pertaining to insurance industry or IT industry (i.e., CPCU, Project Management, Business Analyst Certification(s)).
• Continue to enhance skill set that can be used in day to day tasks (i.e., SQL queries, Access, Excel) Senior Business Analyst- Additional Responsibilities
• Senior Business Analyst will guide and help team members with project issues.
• Senior Business Analyst performs as as back-up to the Business Analyst Team Lead
• At the direction of the management, the senior business analyst is responsible for carrying out training of new and junior associates, as a mentor Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of all applications used by Underwriting, Claims, Accounting and Services divisions. This also requires an understanding of the business processes that use these applications.
• Good communication, organization and time-management skills.
• Positive attitude and ability to function in a collaborative team environment.
• Perseverance and self-discipline. Ability to see things through to the end.
• Working understanding of SQL databases and Transact query language.
• Working understanding of the System Development Life Cycle. Business Analyst- Experience and Education
• 3 to 5 years in a Business Analysis role, related position, or relevant project work. o 1 to 3 years in the Insurance or Financial industry preferred
• Bachelors degree required Senior Business Analyst- Experience and Education
• 5 to 7 years in a Business Analysis role
• 3 to 5 years experience in the Insurance Industry o 1 to 3 years in the E&S sector
• Bachelors degree required