As a Business Analyst, you will identify and research business needs and then determine solutions to business problems. Solutions often include a software-systems development component but may also consist of process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development. You will work closely with business and technical teams and must understand business enough to ensure there is integration between business and technology. The Business Analyst also has a baseline understanding of development processes (SDLC) and/or business workflow processes, and is very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
A Senior Business Analyst may perform any of the following activities: track, manage and report on special projects; coordinate amongst multiple groups within and outside of Blackbaud to attain project goals; analyze data related to special projects, update or create process documentation; participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing; build basic reports in Salesforce or Excel.
Key competencies include:
- Accurately defines the information that must be gathered for problem solving.
- Looks beyond obvious solutions, and identifies underlying or hidden problems or trends across groups.
- Assists in solving difficult, complex problems that affect other groups.
- Asks thoughtful, critical questions, and probes for information that facilitates problem solving.
- Works with more senior team members to analyze the risks, benefits and opportunities of various solutions.
- Focuses on understanding customers, gathering information to learn about their needs and expectations.
- Responsive to any data indicating a customer opportunity or change in customer needs.
- Demonstrates commitment to ongoing improvement
- Following guidance of more senior team members, contributes to team efforts to expertly design, manage, control, refine, and simplify the most complex systems and processes, involving major functions or business units whether interfacing with external or internal customers
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to find information or solutions needed for assignments and/or projects.
- Challenges self to push the status-quo.
- Thinks outside the given parameters to see if there is a better, more effective way
- Communicates ideas and information in a form well matched to and well received by the audience.
- Ability to influence others to gain consensus on desired outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree, 3-5 years experience
- Analytical thinker capable of creative problem solving and requirements gathering
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office required
- Knowledge of Salesforce, FinancialForce, Gainsight, and other best in class tools desired
- Knowledge of Professional Services, Customer Support, and/or Customer Success organizations are also a plus