The IS Business Analyst, Budgeting and Procurement is responsible for our workflow and processes for IS budgeting, fiscal responsibility, vendor contracts, software and services for our IS team. As a member of our Application Portfolio Management team, the Business Analyst (BA) joins a team of skilled business professionals focused on business process optimization, application rationalization, and vendor management. The BA is a key team member to evaluate, analyze, and process our requisitions, contracts, and software and services portfolio.
The Business Analyst is responsible for the day to day processing of application and service requisitions focused on high value software and services contracts. The complexity of the job includes vendor relations, contract management, financial budgeting and planning. The interesting, yet most challenging part of the job, is to reengineer our IS processes to continuously improve our service levels and cost model.
The candidate we will hire will have a background in finance, and/or accounting. The candidate will also have an understanding of technology and vendors in the IS space. Most importantly, the candidate will have a desire and aptitude to optimize everything they touch.
The candidate we seek will be able to answer the following questions:
- Should we capitalize labor spent in project discovery, and which project workbook are we capitalizing against? Candidate will recognize the complexity in answering this question, understand where to go for guidance, and quote the applicable company policy with insightful interpretation.
- What is the impact three years from now our Supplies and Services budget if CPI increases 4% instead of 3% for the next 2 years? Candidate will be familiar with modeling, have a toolset and methodology to answer this question, and the follow-up question of "what if it is 3.8%?" in 5 minutes and not 5 hours.
- Who is the right person to approve a $2.5M requisition for laboratory software?
- Which is the better deal: AT&T 5 year contract @ 25% discount or a 3 year contract with Comcast @ 35%? Working with our contracts team, what is the impact if we negotiate AT&T to 40% discount? Show your work.
This position will be at our newly designed, centrally San Diego located business services office, which offers an on-site café and gym. This is a full time, salaried position and offers Scripps Health's award winning benefit package.
Required Education/Experience/Specialized Skills:
- Exhibits professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good critical, analytical thinking and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills.
Preferred Education/Experience/Specialized Skills/Certification:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5 years of experience in Healthcare.
- Strong background in finance, budgeting, and strategic planning.
- Experience with Business Intelligence dashboards and software.
- Experience in providing customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate effectively cross functionally and with all levels of management and stakeholders in health care setting.
- Ability to analyze and effectively apply concepts in technology, project management, and healthcare disciplines.
- Strong knowledge and experience with KPIs, metrics, and analytic tools.
- Functional knowledge of MS Office suite, financial systems, and analytical systems.
- Strong client facing skills with proven ability to capture functional requirements from business leaders.
- Knowledge of system development life cycle and process improvement methodology.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling and toolsets.
- Proven organization skills including the ability to prioritize while maintaining strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
- Maintains confidentiality, makes decisions and successfully follows multiple tasks through to completion.