* Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, business process models, independent business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints.
* Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely. Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, where appropriate.
* Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements specifying an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements.
* Identify business processes; define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
* Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
* Translate business requirements to System/Functional specifications, and pass them on to Application Developers.
* Coordinate Business Validation to verify that a set of end-to-end business processes function as intended.
* Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
* Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
* Seven (7) years' experiencein a Business Analyst role
A Master's degree substitutes for three years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree substitutes for two years, or an Associate's degree substitutes for one year
* Two (2) engagements lasting more than 12 months in a Business Analyst role
* Past experience in any project management activities
* Experience with agile and/or iterative development
* Lead BA experience
* Bachelor's degree in Information Services
* Business Analyst Certification (IIBA certification or equivalent)