5 - 7 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
RGP is a global consulting firm helping some of the most recognized companies in the world work differently. Our success comes from a shared belief in rolling up our sleeves and doing the hard work of solving complex challenges, executing plans and implementing technology to help transform organizations.
Working as a consultant you will be connected to work that matters, putting your expertise to its best use while developing skills for the future. The result is a career defined by you, supported by RGP and built on tangible accomplishments.
As we continue to grow and deepen our impact on organizations around the world, we are looking for the right people to join us on our mission. If you are interested in being part of our team, there a few things you should know:
- We are energized by challenges and the effort needed to solve them.
- We like working with people who are positive, adaptable and growth-minded.
- We care how work gets accomplished and are deeply invested in the success of our clients and our colleagues.
If this sounds like you, we invite you to read on and learn more.
THE RGP CONSULTING EXPERIENCE
RGP has a unique consulting model that provides opportunities for consultants to work in different ways. Most consultants work in a model where they have the flexibility and autonomy to choose projects that align with their experience, skills and desired lifestyle. Other opportunities exist in team-based, strategy and solutions work. In all models, you will feel the full support of RGP to assist you in your work and guide you on your chosen path.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Clients engage RGP for expertise in delivering large and complex projects to strengthen their business. As anexperiencedBusiness Analyst (BA) Consultant, you will beresponsible for evaluating a business objectively and offering suggestions on how to improve the overall efficiency of specific areas of the Client’s business. This requires special attention to increasing both the profitability and the stability of the business. You will combine your systems knowledge with your functionalexperience in accounting, information management, human capital,internalaudit, and supply chain to help Clients ensure project success.
ATTRIBUTES OF BUSINESS ANALYSTS WITH RGP
- Integrity and respect for people and opinions
- Dedication to client service
- Ability to think in complex and ever-changing situations
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and execute on initiatives
- Demonstrates RGP’s values – loyalty, integrity, focus, enthusiasm, accountability and talent
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Lead business stakeholder engagement meetings, and strive to understand the Client’s processes and build trust
- Define and document business requirements and functional specifications from business users and subject matter experts
- Run queries to locate needed data within a variety of database sources
- Understand as-is business processes in order to effectively identify and document the to-be requirements
- Identify root cause(s) of an issue in order to help determine the optimal solution
- Write test plans and/or perform User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and functional testing of new solutions
- Perform business needs analysis and design workflows, including “as is” and “to be” process mapping
- Collect timely feedback from stakeholder groups and ensure terms of requirements and specifications are being met through solutions being built
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of 5 years of Business Analystexperience
- BA or BS in Business, Accounting or related field required; MBA preferred
- Exceptional communication skills and professionalism
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Experience in technical writing (business cases, project charters, etc.)
- Experience in business process improvement efforts
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, or related systems is a plus
- Strong business acumen
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
RGP is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.