Business Analyst - Regulatory ( MFID )
Job Title: Business Analyst- Regulatory (MFID) - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- We is seeking a highly motivated candidate for the position of Business Analyst within the Markets Regulatory Technology team to work on the MiFID initiative, within the Institutional Clients Group (ICG) - Markets and Security Services Technology (MSST) organization.
- The successful candidate will need to be a hands-on self-starter, capable of working directly with the business regulatory reform team and MSST technology groups.
- This is a pivotal role for the successful delivery of Client’s regulatory initiatives.
- ??MiFID II regulatory initiative is a key focus and priority for Global Markets.
- The regulatory requirements impact all product types and asset classes – Cash, ETD and OTC derivatives across Rates, Credit, Equities, FX, Commodities, Futures, GSM and Munis.
- These requirements are driving fundamental changes to the way trading is done and require significant changes to the tech platforms.
- The Markets Regulatory Technology team is tasked with the responsibility to manage these initiatives and work streams, perform in-depth business analysis working with Front Office, Middle Office, Operations and Technology, define cross-asset approach/architecture where applicable and manage the implementation.
- The focus for this team will be on the continued strategic build out of infrastructure to give Client a competitive advantage, while at the same time complying with the regulatory requirements.
- This position will provide the opportunity to work with various aspects of the pre and post trade lifecycles – electronic trading, trade processing, workflows and regulatory reporting.
- This opportunity also involves working with the industry participants in various forums, to shape industry’s strategy and approach in response to the regulatory requirements.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Detailed analysis and documentation of requirements by working with the business regulatory reform team, Markets Technology teams for each asset class, middle office, front office, and operations.
- Analysis of business processes, gaps in pre/post trade data models, data sources, interfaces, and process changes needed to address the regulatory requirements.
- Technology impact assessment associated with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in technical strategy decisions for implementation.
- Program management, overseeing initiatives for the full development life cycle through delivery
- Program tracking and reporting
The candidate will be expected to:
- Formulate and define systems scope and objectives for complex projects through research and fact finding, combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry standards
- Consult with the business clients to determine data reporting and system functional specifications.
- Consult with users and clients to solve complex system issues/problems through in-depth evaluation of business processes, systems and industry standards
- Recommend solutions
- Leads system change process from requirements through implementation
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
- Identify and communicates project risks and impact
- Drive communication between regulatory reform leaders and IT
- Exhibit sound and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills to exchange complex information
- Provide sound understanding of business analysis concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in othertechnology areas
- Apply comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Provide evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.
- Directly impact the business by ensuring a high quality of work provided by self and others;
- Capital Markets trading is undergoing significant change to adhere to regulatory requirements and this role provides a tremendous opportunity to learn, be part of and to contribute to this evolution from close quarters
- Broad exposure to front-to-back trade processing and electronic trading across all asset classes
- Opportunity to work with all asset classes and exposure to their infrastructure
- Exposure to Sr. Tech and Business management
- Opportunity to work with other industry participants in various forums
- Application development domain experience (technical business analyst, developer, developer lead, or technical project manager)
- Project management of large scale initiatives with various stakeholders across regions and business lines
- Capital markets and regulatory implementations – MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, Volcker, Basel, CVA, Margin, etc.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income or Equity Markets
- Ability to identify detailed business and technical requirements, translating the requirements into technical solutions, and target state architecture
- Ability to articulate complex issues concisely and communicate effectively and comfortably with senior staff
- Assess and mitigate project risks and dependencies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Influencing project stakeholders and team members
- Extensive SDLC experience, in particular experienced in agile project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assertive, self-starter, and team-oriented
- MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Project skills
- Reconciliation Analyze / Development including tools such as TLM Recs, Frontier, CTC, Intellimatch.
- Data Quality methodologies such as Six Sigma, TQM, DMAIC,
- Exposure to FpML and data modeling is a plus
- SQL is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred