Liquidnet is seeking an exceptional Business Analyst to join the Reference Data Services group in this key position. This role is directly involved in Liquidnet’s fast-growing electronic trading businesses and will work as part of a dynamic, agile technology team performing analysis, design and implementation of equitytrading systems including electronic trading desks, trading algorithms, quantitative analytics, reference data and other electronic trading services worldwide for Liquidnet and its customers.
- Work with stakeholders (quants, business owners, developers, vendors and others) and end-users to understand and analyze business drivers, detailed requirements and stakeholder needs.
- Identify, synthesize, and recommend solutions to achieve objectives and resolve issues.
- Perform project management, design, documentation, and configuration of systems.
- Write business requirements, functional specifications, and release notes as well as other communication and presentation materials.
- Collaborate iteratively with Development, Quality Assurance and others to ensure proper translation of requirements into robust solutions.
- Maintain a technical understanding of how the product is built and therefore be able to identify compromises between end-user needs, technical limitations, and time-to-market goals.
- Analyze system data including vendor feeds, logs, configurations and other system data using common technology tools
- Drive projects and tasks within a fast-paced, agile and sprint-based environment.
- Facilitate product reviews and user acceptance testing to ensure key business needs are sufficiently met.
- Review and prioritize software problems and advocate for these problems to be corrected in an efficient manner.
- Provide training and other support to business areas including traders, customer support teams and others.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of BA or BSA experience with market data, reference data, and trade capture.
- Sell-side electronic trading system experience a plus.
- Solid understanding of technology and the product development lifecycle.
- Experience with Reuters market data systems, Reuters Datascope and Bloomberg Backoffice.
- Excellent analytical skills and creativity.
- Strong written, verbal and meeting facilitation skills.
- Proven track record of individual contribution to achieve overall delivery.
- Established ability to scope, plan, and estimate.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Experience with FIX protocol, SQL, and Linux.
- Experience with Bloomberg B-PIPE, IDC Fixed Income data, and other reference data vendors.
- Experience with equity algorithmic and electronic trading, middle-office, transaction cost analysis, exchanges and alternative execution venues.