RAND is currently recruiting for a talented lead analyst to join our team and help define, test, and launch quality digital products for RAND.org. As a BA/QA analyst, you should be a strong problem solver who can identify and document the relevant details of system design, from requirements gathering to final product testing. This will require the ability to think critically and have a thorough understanding of the web application development process, including daily collaboration with front- and back-end developers and designers. You should be an advocate for user-centered solutions, and expect to proactively lead BA/QA work throughout a project's lifecycle.
The BA/QA Analyst is a key member of the Web Application Delivery team in RAND’s Information Services department and reports to the Web Application Manager. The Web Application Delivery team is responsible for managing a broad portfolio of web, commercial off-the-shelf, and SaaS applications that are used throughout RAND.
BA Analyst responsibilities include:
- Work with key project stakeholders to analyze the feasibility of, and develop requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensure the system design fits the needs of the users.
- Lead project and application planning activities including meetings, communications and documentation
- Identify business rules requirements
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes
QA Analyst responsibilities include:
- Work closely with developer, project managers, and operations team members on testing and deployment activities
- Create and execute test plans/cases based on evolving project requirements
- Test web applications, off the shelf and SaaS applications
- Identify and document application issues
- Lead UAT activities including writing User Acceptance Test (UAT) cases.
- Lead application deployment activities
The ideal candidate maintains a positive demeanor and is a team player with a desire to impact change. The candidate has strong analytical and technical skills along with demonstrated ability to not only get things done as an individual but to help lead projects in a customer-drive, fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- 3+ years of experience testing web-based and off the shelf software applications
- Experience in major areas of testing cycle – gathering, documenting, and analyzing requirements, providing estimates, creating test plans/cases, creating process diagrams, logging bugs, coordinating UAT, change management, deployment support
- Experience with a variety of testing and/or development tools such as JIRA, Git, Selenium, etc.
- Proven ability to lead project team activities in an Agile/Scrum/Lean team environment – familiar with best practices
- Analyze, evaluate and integrate business processes and procedures
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities
- Strong analytical skills, troubleshooting skills and attention to detail - ability to quickly analyze problems, get things done, and “figure it out” with minimal requirements and guidance
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Perform duties independently under general, minimal supervision within specific assignments
- Utilize time management skills and multi-tasking capabilities with ability to handle multiple and parallel projects
Bachelor's degree from an accredited degree granting college/university or equivalent work experience.
Minimum 3 years of experience as a QA analyst or technical business analyst. Demonstrated project leadership experience.