Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 166 days ago
PCG is seeking an experienced Business System Analyst to work in our Nashville, TN or Albany, NY office. The analyst will be responsible for working with a customer service team to triage and provide support for early intervention claim issues. Early intervention is a social service program for children ages 0-3 with developmental delays, and it receives a mix of Medicaid, private health insurance, federal, state and local funding. Apart from supporting the customer service team, the analyst will support project planning, resource planning, requirement gathering, system testing, document preparation, client facing issues, quality assurance, training end clients, successful implementation, and prompt turnaround of all assignments.
Business System Analyst Responsibilities:
• Monitors project progress by identifying project milestones; tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; and recommending actions.
• Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures. Provide reference material for end-users by writing and maintaining documentation; providing support; and training to all users.
• Create and maintain system documentation supporting all application patches and upgrades, creation of tests cases and performing full cycle testing
• Reporting of all system issues (bugs) by clear documentation
• Perform, track and support all non-technical system configurations such as; setting up new user profiles, mapping EDI segments, creating provider profiles, and creation of user roles based on new programs
• Perform data analysis and documentation through various mechanisms such as claims system, queries; and review of the system; identify potential areas of automation, and reengineer the underlying business process.
• Determines operational objectives by business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements; analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
• Serve as a liaison for IT Manager(s), development staff, and the project stakeholders.
• Elicit business knowledge such as process flows, business rules and algorithms from knowledge workers.
• Knowledgeable in SharePoint, Microsoft Office products, particularly MS Excel, query writing and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
• Ability to quickly understand new applications/technologies, particularly Salesforce
• Strong understanding of the customer service process, including training
• Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze, understand and summarize key issues.
• Experience working through and understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Ability to work as a team player in a dynamic, team-oriented, deliverable-focused, and professional environment.
• Previous experience managing diverse teams
• Ability to shift focus as necessary when priorities change without losing sight of original assignments
• Experience managing project communications with a broad array of clients and stakeholders
• Experience developing high stakes/time sensitive communications, with little guidance or supervision
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5-7 years of professional experience in the role of a business analyst, systems analyst or related work experience
• Experience with early intervention, medical claims or other claims environments desireable
• Limited out of state travel may be required (20%-35%)
Job ID 2018-3438