The Business Analyst will act as liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements. Define and document internal systems and data requirements in a clear and concise manner. Create and maintain detailed workflows and other presentations as needed.
- Work directly with and serve as the liaison between business units, technology teams and support teams.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements, workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow.
- Designs new system enhancements by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts and decompose high-level information into details.
- Create and maintain workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Create training materials and documentations for internal claims system
- Perform a thorough gap analysis of existing to potential functionality for the claim processing systems
- Regularly meet with business users to have a better understanding of the operations
- Perform analysis and identify gaps in functionality for system integrations
- Securing sign-off on requirements documentation to manage project scope
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Assist in quality assurance of new software or enhancements to existing software as needed
- Deliver informative, well-organized presentations.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to ZELIS standards regarding privacy.
- Demonstrates proficiency in analyzing business needs and creating necessary documentation and system improvements to optimize functionality
- Demonstrates proficiency in performing gap analysis to ensure optimal system and claim processing capability
- 7+ years of experience as a Business/product analyst creating/maintaining software
- The ability to learn a new business and translate these needs into new products, and perform high-level troubleshooting functionality
- Strong troubleshooting, analytical, and business process development skills
- Experience in product development life cycle
- Experience with writing business requirements, functional specifications, and/or quality assurance testing
- Knowledge of SDLC methodologies including experience working in waterfall and agile environments.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite including Visio
- Workflow diagram creation
- Wireframe creation
- Desired skills include formal training/certifications in Business/System analysis; familiarity with latest UI/UX design guidelines; knowledge/experience with Agile methodologies; prototyping experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related
An attractive compensation package comprised of base salary, plus incentives, as well as full benefits has been created to attract outstanding candidates.