The Business Analyst’s primary function is to drive functional requirements from user-level requirements to actionable and detailed user stories acceptance criteria. This role works with Product Owners and stakeholders to define the features and functionality that line up to user level goals, and lead efforts to translate requirements into smaller user stories.
- We will not be able to provide sponsorship (i.e. H1B Visa) now or in the future.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages system-level requirements
- Authors User Story level Acceptance Criteria
- Embedded in Agile Sprint team
- Close interaction with development leads, product architects, and key customers.
- Ability to understand customer needs and requirements and manage to scheduled commitments.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze business problems and isolate and advocate best technical solutions.
- Proven success as a leader and an individual contributor, as well as a track record of strong positive teamwork, proactive collaboration, and effective problem resolution.
- Drive and confidence to take initiative and accountability.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and requirements definition and be a liaison between internal/external customers, developers, and stakeholders.
- Detail oriented with ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Ability to work with the vast array of information gathered during requirements analysis and to exercise flexibility with changing business priorities.
- Ability to help negotiate priorities and to resolve conflicts among representatives from various business and development teams.
- Ability to represent requirements in requirement model form that clarify and augment written requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- At least five years of Product Owner, Business Analyst, or project management experience.
- Experience with healthcare practice management software and EMR is preferred.
- Experience with Practice Velocity products (PVM, VelociDoc, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Agile software development methods and roles is a plus.
- Experience writing for a system and an understanding of the challenges and complexities of doing so.
- Other preferred experience:
- Healthcare industry
- Understanding of Revenue Management
Every team member at Practice Velocity exhibits our core values:
- Team player
- Positive energy
- Continuous improvement
- Clients win