$80K — $100K *
About our Software Division
Certara’s pharmacometric drug development and informatics software portfolio is the most wide-ranging in the industry and used across the drug development life cycle. Pharmacologists, toxicologists, biostatisticians, pre-clinical scientists, chemists, geneticists and other scientists use our software to inform key safety and efficacy decisions, including target identification and optimization, first-in human dose and dosing regimen, trial design, target validation, compound triaging, comparative efficacy, and mechanistic drug performance.
The Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding customer business needs and analyzing, validating and documenting the business and system requirements that address these needs, and ensures the software solutions developed satisfy the needs of the business. The role assists in designing processes and changes to processes that will be used to implement the business transformation solutions. This is accomplished through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business processes, systems, and industry requirements.
Define and draft project scope and objectives and translate associated business requirements into design specifications ensuring that requirements are effectively met, tested and implemented
Proactively research products, procedures, and/or workflow needs and identify ways to capture, validate and integrate information to improve overall business process performance
Identify and resolve gaps between new and existing business processes and applications and facilitate implementation of new business processes and modifications
Liaise between the development and product teams to agree on user requirement scope
Skills & Abilities
· 5+ years work experience in the pharmaceutical industry in an IT or data management capacity
· Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics or Information Technology discipline (Computer Science, Business Informatics)
· Strong math and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully
· Evaluate the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
· Examine theories, such as those of probability and inference in order to discover mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical data.
· Experience with software used in the collection, analysis, or reporting of data used for regulatory submissions
· Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
· Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
· Interpersonal and customer service skills are required when meeting with and interviewing potential clients
· Experience in software validation & deployment; documenting user requirements and test execution
· Knowledge of common programming languages, operating systems, database and web technologies
· Define and utilize statistical methods to solve industry-specific problems in varying fields, such as economics and engineering
· Compare and analyze provided statistical information to identify patterns, relationships and problems
· Apply sampling techniques to effectively determine and define ideal categories to be questioned
· Familiarity with Regulatory software
· Must be able to work independently; anticipate business needs and act proactively
· Must be able to perform training, software demonstrations, and travel when required
Certara is a growing company that provides a novel and exciting place to work. Our purpose is to assist in accelerating the development of meaningful medicines that make an impact on our society and the people that need them most. Innovation and creativity are highly valued, and everyone is given the opportunity for training and continuous development. Our portfolio spans the discovery, preclinical, clinical and post-marketing phases of drug development, working with 1,200 commercial companies, 250 academic institutions, and numerous regulatory agencies.
The well-being of our employees is a priority at Certara, and that is why we support the most important aspects of their lives:
· Financial – competitive pay, incentives, retirement plans, income security programs
· Health and Wellness – comprehensive benefit package, wellness programs, healthy lifestyle office environments
· Work/Life –unlimited paid time off and an employee assistance program
· Growth & Development – performance driven environment
· Community Impact – volunteering opportunities, matching gifts, charitable contributions
Valid through: 8/31/2020