Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
The Business Analyst will 1) lead projects that drive end to end improvement in processes which ultimately affect the Finance team and its stakeholders, 2) identify metrics that will assist management in monitoring efficiency and effectiveness of systems and processes, and 3) identify key areas for improvement and engage the appropriate PayPal, and if necessary, external partners to effectively remediate.
- Lead the execution of an end to end process improvement roadmap for processes adversely impacting Finance, to include the development and delivery of key metrics.
- Develop and document a detailed map of the team’s processes and how they impact, and are impacted by, key stakeholders (internal and external). Socialize and educate all relevant partners and stakeholders on an ongoing basis as appropriate.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and implement end-to-end solutions that improve the organization's ability to provide accurate, timely, defect free financial statements.
- Learn new systems and Operational Excellence techniques well enough to become recognized as a subject matter expert.
- Utilize appropriate methodologies to develop and implement relevant metrics for the team. Once implemented, use the metrics on an ongoing basis to identify problematic areas and develop and execute remediation plans. Monitor metrics to ensure changes in the business and processes which alter the relevance and effectiveness of the metrics are detected on a timely basis and metrics are changed or modified accordingly.
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrates global business understanding and perspective in considering solutions
- Ability to understand and evaluate end to end processes
- Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
- Energy and desire to thrive in a fast-paced organization; ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
- Prioritizes work with limited supervision. Independently meets multiple deadlines
- Strong communication skills - including ability to listen to the needs of others and comprehend complex matters, articulate issues in a clear and concise manner, and present findings as well as recommendations in both oral and written form to all levels in the organization
- Ability to learn and adapt to new product flows and software technologies
- Team-oriented approach – can effectively lead a project or participate as an effective team member as well as work cross-functionally with other organizations
- Ability to adhere to the highest ethical standards including honesty and integrity
- Ability to direct and motivate others
- Ability to gain support for ideas, create common goals and lead others to accomplish objectives
- Strong interpersonal skills, presentation skills, time management skills and ability to work productively with all levels in an organization
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills (detail-oriented, thorough)
- Self-motivated, able to work with little or no supervision, demonstrates initiative, flexibility, teamwork, perseverance, maturity under pressure, and anticipates and resolves problems before they develop.
- BA/BS Degree with emphasis in accounting or systems preferred
- 8+ years relevant work experience in accounting operations, systems process design and/or OE roles required, including experience in high volume, complex general ledger activity
- Experience with designing and implementing metrics
- Significant skills/experience in analytics and process management
- Natural facilitator and change agent
- Project management experience
- Experience working with cross –functional and international teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Project, Excel and Access
- Experience with SAP systems preferred. Experience with other external systems and software a plus (reconciliation tools, data warehouse, etc.)
- Experience working with complex, multi-system environments including data extraction and interfaces
- System and process architecture, troubleshooting, reengineering and mapping
- Financial institution or payments industry experience a plus
- This position may require travel up to as much as 10% of time.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.