With minimal direction, responsible for the monitoring and analysis of data used in decisions relating to various Synovus loan strategies and holding company initiatives in the scope of systems and applications development, process improvement and organizational change.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the team as a subject matter expert in supporting multiple business units by providing information used in governance and decision-making.
- Plans, conducts, and leads research and/or development work on highly complex projects necessitating the origination and application of new and unique approaches.
- Leads multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Identifies trends and opportunities for improvement and develops potential solutions to business issues of high complexity.
- Possesses advanced knowledge of the information needs of assigned business unit(s) and coordinates with supporting units and IT to meet those needs.
- Develops complex test plans, supervises and performs tests, and documents results for new strategies and systems.
- Communicates regularly with affiliate bank management to develop strong working relationships.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the team in a lead capacity; including training and development and the assigning, reviewing, and directing of work for lower level analysts.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles preferred.
Additional Information Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field.
Minimum Experience: 8+ years of job-specific experience. Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Access and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of business systems software supported.
- Advanced project management skills.