PACCAR’s Information Technology Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
The Business Analyst focus is to drive innovation and deliver solutions that change the way we do business and move PACCAR into the future. A successful candidate will be highly self-directed, an excellent problem-solver and be able to work with all levels of the organization. Strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills are required. This Business Analyst will work as part of an Agile Team to deliver projects that meet customer expectations and achieve the business benefits.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Manage complex technical projects through the complete project lifecycle following PMO processes.
- Manage the relationship between business partners, project teams, and vendors.
- Understand and communicate business requirements in order to analyze and develop technical solutions that meet the customers’ needs.
- Perform tasks associated with pre-project consulting and business case development.
- Facilitate workshops to scope projects and gather detailed product requirements.
- Elicit project objectives and success criteria.
- Identify dependencies between projects and other systems.
- Accurately estimate time required to complete business analysis tasks and deliverables.
- Work closely with other technical teams to ensure the project is delivered as planned.
- Understand project budget and resource allocation impacts.
- Collect and analyze the project’s business requirements and transfer the same knowledge to development team ahead of design and development.
- Evaluate the data collected through task analysis, business process, surveys, and workshops.
- Prepare accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents.
- Communicate effectively with business and internal teams to deliver product’s functional requirements including screen, interface, and GUI designs.
- Manage risks, issues, and impediments in project and escalate in a timely manner.
- Provide project status updates to various stakeholders as required.
- 3+ years’ experience in a business analyst role.
- 1+ yearexperience in a project manager role.
- Demonstrate ability to generate technical solutions based on business needs.
- Strong knowledge of software delivery methodologies using mixed methodologies Waterfall/Agile/Scrum.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and subject matter experts across multiple divisions.
- Working knowledge of application technology stack and requirements for integration into the business environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving, facilitation, and customer service skills.
- Professional documentation and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skillset.
- Highly self-motivated and flexible with focus on delivery.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
- Strong understanding of business process, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment with little or no supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required.