Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
This position will develop and/or maintain system documentation including business requirements, and project process documentation, training plans, test plans, quality assurance and contingency operations plans, and reports.
1. Work with end users and/or review/analyze existing documentation or system artifacts to document business system requirements and processes, develop process models, and document requirements for the development/implementation and improved processing of various types of systems.
2. Develop or maintain system requirements in detailed, clear and well-organized functional documents (business requirements documents, business or system use cases, reports) and/or process flow diagrams.
3. Develop or maintain test plans and detailed test cases. Develop or maintain training or user acceptance testing plans and support guides.
4. Develop detailed functional and system tests from documented system requirements. Ensure appropriate test coverage by mapping system requirements to test cases. Develop or contribute to the development of regression tests and/or user acceptance tests.
5. Execute functional and system tests, including regression tests. Participate in user acceptance testing.
6. Identify and document application defects and track to resolution, performing retesting as required.
7. Identify and document deficiencies in system documentation (e.g., missing or ambiguous requirements) identified during the testing process.
1. 84 months experience eliciting/extracting detailed business requirements from customer/project stakeholders or system artifacts.
2. 18 months experience with systems related to criminal justice processing including statistical reporting.
3. 84 months experience developing/maintaining test plans and detailed test cases, executing those tests, validating test results, and logging/tracking related defects.
4. 24 months experience with automated testing, HP Quality Center and/or using Unified Functional Testing (UFT).
5. 24 months experience identifying and remediating inefficiencies in business processes/systems and identifying potential for automates sources.
$250K - $300K
$80K - $110K