At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Business Analyst to join our team in Menands, New York (US-NY), United States (US).
Daily Tasks include:
- The Business Analysts will work closely with Medicaid Data Warehouse (MDW) program staff, vendor staff, and other stakeholders to define and develop requirements in all aspects of the MDW.
- The Business Analysts will apply a wide range of specialized knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for the MDW. Specific duties include: Analyzes, develops and revises flow charts, process models and technical specifications describing as-is or to-be Information Technology (IT) systems or business processes
- Prioritizes IT system requirements and gains stakeholder agreement for IT projects or business process change documents detailing the project
- Assists with developing presentations to justify and explain IT system or business process requirements
- Evaluates the outcomes of systems testing, and confirms that the results are consistent with the system or business process specifications
- Reviews proposals from staff and recommends to management the criticality of revising system or business process requirements during and after IT system implementation, if applicable
- Determines the impact of software and hardware releases on the IT system
- Assists with the development of training related to business systems implementation for users
- Writes Queries
- Skill Level: Expert; 7+ years of experience Business Analyst Analyzes an organization or business domain (real or hypothetical) and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology with distinct deliverables to a solution. Candidate is able to provide guidance to large teams and/or has extensive industry experience and is considered at the top of his/her field.
- 7 years of business analysis in Information Technology on SDLC projects; including developing business cases, gap analysis, functional and non-function requirements, test cases and plans.
- 7 years of experience using recognized business analysis methodologies to elicit requirements from business users.
- 5 years of experience in Data analysis/Data mining of systems and relational databases.
- 5 years of experience querying and interrogating data using SQL on DB2 or Oracle platforms using tools such as SQL query tools and using MS Access.
- 2 years of experience with Medicaid data and its analysis
- 5 years of experience analyzing and developing reporting needs/reports from three perspectives: senior management, power user, and ad hoc, using industry standard (e.g. Cognos) reporting software
- 2 years of experience working in a formal Project Management office, working with Project Managers and teams, and using standardized methodologies and templates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or similar field of study.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.