The business analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which applications and solutions are developed. The business analyst is an active thought partner and solution visionary who shapes the technology demand for the commercial business community.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Manage ongoing relationships with business partners to ensure satisfaction with IT and proactively resolve business partner satisfaction issues.
- Actively participate in the Business Analyst Center of Excellence team, driving best practices and standardization of processes and tools across the BA community.
- Evaluate ongoing user requests, establishing and shifting priorities based on competing business demands.
- Investigate and evaluate technology solutions and processes and make recommendations that maximize time, efficiency and cost.
- Collaborate with business partners to research, design, document, and modify solution specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Clearly articulate and document business requirements.
- Participate in all systems life cycle and project management activities across a matrixed environment.
- Coordinate project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate system designs, validate proposed solutions, develop project plans, test plans and test scripts.
- Obtain key inputs from enterprise architecture teams and identify solution interdependencies.
- Manage vendor relationships, and monitor vendor performance.
- Maintain current knowledge of, and ensure all functional work activities are conducted in compliance with the full range of related internal and external systems, technology, regulatory requirements and related policies and procedures and corporate objectives.
- BA/BS degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with 5-10 years progressive experience in analytical roles of increasing responsibility, or equivalent.
- CCBA Certification preferred.
- Experience working with the following functional areas is an asset: Sales & Marketing, CRM, BI, Commercial Systems
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a team dynamic across multiple functional organizations.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of information technology and business concepts
- Non routine overnight travel based on business need.