NETE is seeking a highly motivated, flexible, organized, and detail oriented Business Analyst to join our dynamic team at Bethesda, MD. If you want to learn, grow, and help then this is the job for you. We support a project/customer that "seeks to better understand, treat, and ultimately prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic disease seeks fundamental knowledge about the nature and behavior of living systems and the application of that knowledge to enhance health, lengthen life, and reduce illness and disability." What you do matters and has significant impact on the medical and scientific communities we serve. Your work here really matters and has real impact.
Job Summary: The Business Analyst is a customer-facing member of the project team who takes responsibility for working directly with the customer to provide requested support and to collect, document, and validate requirements for system changes and enhancements. This includes business as well as technical requirements. The candidate would also be formulating and delivering program communications and training.
Qualified applicants must be detail-oriented, result-driven individuals who work well within team environments and have excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
Provide support for a National Institutes of Health (NIH) enterprise system. Responsibilities include:
- Document current system workflows, business processes, and functionality.
- Work with the project team and interface with clients and other system stakeholders to gather functional requirements for system changes and enhancements.
- Document new system requirements for the development team by means of use cases, requirements traceability matrices, process flow diagrams, etc.
- Work with the development team to verify current and new requirements with stakeholders.
- Conduct interviews or JAD (joint application development) sessions with stakeholders to review business requirements for validation and improvement.
- Evaluate and analyze the gathered information from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements.
- Provide direct customer support which involves issue analysis and resolution within the specified SLAs.
- Support testing and deployment activities.
- Communicate information effectively to customers, managers, and technical staff.
- Work with the team to coordinate software development stage gate reviews.
- Create and maintain software and system support documentation such as User Manual.
- Design, coordinate, and conduct training as needed.
- Design and develop stakeholder communications.
- Work on special projects assigned by the NIH program manager.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a customer-facing IT business analyst
- Very strong (Excellent) communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong requirements analysis skills
- Experience with and working knowledge of requirements management tools
- Basic knowledge of Oracle SQL
- Ability to present to and work effectively with external business customers
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience facilitating groups or conducting interviews to elicit stakeholder input
- Perform Quality Assurance tasks and testing.
- Good understanding of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with JIRA, preferred.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in the business analysis and design.
- Experience and ability to create training material.
- Experience and ability to conduct high-quality training in a workshop or classroom environment.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of data analysis tools including Excel Pivot tables, and other data analysis skills is a plus.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) well and work in a collaborative team environment.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)