Our civilian department is responsible for building and maintaining winning teams that support the mission and services of the US government. Our work makes a difference and we have an impact. Work hard. Play hard. Come be a game changer and join our team!
You’re a great fit if…
- You are passionate about facilitating communication between technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You thrive on ensuring accurate and up to date requirements analysis is completed for technical projects.
- You have a knack for building relationships with government and internal customers.
- You have experience working in project teams that develop software applications for both cloud and on premise environments
- You enjoy creating and refining process and design artifacts to better communicate requirements and business needs to business and technical stakeholders
You’ll love our Business Analyst role if…
(This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- You have 2+ years of experience on IT projects, and at least three years of general business management experience
- You have experience working in project teams that develop websites, mobile applications, intranets, or other software platforms
- You understand both traditional/waterfall and AgileScrum software development methodologies
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Computer Systems, Business Administration or equivalent relevant experience.
- You have the ability to obtain a Public Trust for USDA (citizenship is required).
We’ll REALLY love you if….
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You have five years of experience working in project teams that develop software applications particularly within SharePoint and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- You are versed in the Systems Engineering Life Cycle (SELC) and have experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- You have completed or are pursuing a certification with the IIBA (ECBA or CCBA)
- You have experience working with and configuring a requirements management tool such as JIRA, IBM Rational, VersionOne, Jama, etc.
What your day will look like:
- You will meet with customers and stakeholders to solicit and help determine business needs and interpret them at a high level to document requests.
- You will conduct analysis on customer requests to identify the proper scope of a solution and help leadership and technical resources determined tools and services exist to accomplish the request or if customer development may be required.
- You will document these business and technical solutions in a variety of formats including business cases, operational & functional requirements, user stories, use cases, business process diagrams, mockups, wireframes, and/or any other method necessary to communicate a potential solution to stakeholders.
- You will act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to analyze, document, communicate and validate business and system requirements for platform applications.