Role Value Proposition:
The Global Customer Solutions (GCS) group provides a consistent service experience for all MetLife customers, which includes driving a superior customer service experience and transforming our contact centers.
Global Customer Solutions provides outstanding Sales and Customer Service support for key insurance and protection products within the Global business and drives contact center transformation and digital servicing channels globally.
The Business Analyst role will play a key function in driving requirement definitions and developing plans to structurally transform while supporting the end customer experience. Working with internal and external stakeholders, this role is also responsible for achieving productivity and performance objectives. Finally, the role will ensure that requirements set forth by the lines of business are achieved and new platform or web applications are installed on-time and meet expectations.
- Support Call Center and online servicing platforms utilized by CSRs, Advisors, Customers, and Consumers across all lines of business. Identifies key platform and online system process improvement opportunities.
- Performs business analysis functions and serves in liaison roles between product areas, User Experience, and IT application development resources, fostering and maintaining relationships with partners across the organization. Manages initiatives focused on customer adoption, utilization, cost reduction, and revenue generation.
- Coordinates the definition of business, user and operational requirements for one or more platform products or features. Works with teammates and business partners to define the strategy for leveraging the platform or online channel to fulfill business goals and increase user satisfaction; participates in day-to-day product development activities. May manage enhancement releases. Defines and documents business requirements by working closely with product and service partners, legal, IT, etc. Leads the design of the platform and online user experience by initiating and participating in market research and usability testing for validation of business requirements and proposed user experience.
- Assesses operational impacts of partial enhancements and works with product/service partners to develop operational processes. Works with multiple platform teams to prioritize business requirements to develop the project scope. Analyzes technical, research, budget, and operational constraints and communicates to teammates. Documents and communicates all relevant information in a timely fashion for assigned projects. Ensures compliance with product development process guidelines by contributing to and overseeing the successful implementation of all non-IT phases of the process (business objectives definition, business requirements, user acceptance testing, etc.).
- Develops and manages partner relationships that enable successful progress against business goals and utilization plans. Oversees the project/scope prioritization process for assigned products/features to ensure IT budget compliance.
- Resolves issues that impact the product development plan. Identifies cross-product/cross-portal synergies that reduce internal efforts, support business needs, and improve the user experience. Identifies and communicates new opportunities discovered through project delivery experience and analysis of ongoing utilization and user satisfaction surveys. Escalates issues and proposes solutions in a timely fashion. Contributes to the yearly product development planning process for assigned products/features; contributes to the ongoing improvement of the product development process.
Travel Requirements: 10% or less expected
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of related business experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including; Excel, Power Point, Access, and Word.
- Strong analytical and written communication skills. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Flexibility to work on different projects at the same time. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously while meeting aggressive deadlines. Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to support liaison role. Ability to work independently while effectively managing time
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, computer science, or related field; MBA degree preferred.
- 6+ years of related business experience
10% or less